Places to visit in Antwerp

Hi,

For the ones living in Antwerp, what would you suggest to discover the region?

When you have friends or family visiting you, where do you go with them? What are the must-see places in Antwerp, the tourist sites?

How to visit the region in an original way? Any unusual or unknown place to recommend?

What would you suggest for a couple of days or for a week of holidays in Antwerp?

Thank you in advance for participating ;)

Julie

Hi Julie

You have a lot off mudeums to visit in Antwerp, depending on what you are into (Museum of Beautifull Arts, House off Rubens, Museum Mayer van den Bergh, Mas, Red Star Line Museum, ...). Besides that you definetly need to see the Central Station, the cathedral central square. You also have some nice small Streets at the central area with nice shops, bars, ... Maybe it is nice to visit the city by renting a bike?

If I have friends from outside the country for a coiple off days, I usually take them to other big cities who are nearby and easy to see (Ghent, Brugges or Brussels).

Hope this info helps you on your way

Grt Tom

Antwerp is great for it's night life ad gastronomy. Lots of great restaurants and bars. Also, museums such as MAS are a must. I would also recommend you visit the Harbor and take a tour around it. It's fantastic! I always take my family to visit the beautiful Central Station, and the Cathedral in the pedestrianized area. The Meir is a wonderful shopping street and the street market on weekneds is a must (street market takes place at the theater plein, the street name is Oude Vaartplaats). Let me know if you have any specific question. Cheers!

[Moderated: off topic]