Doing reserch about moving and working in Mexico

Hello everyone, My name is Lazaro. I was born in Cuba but educated in the US. I am fluent in Spanish and English and so is my wife. I am an attorney and my wife has a Doctorate in Clinical Psychology. I am obtaining a TEFL certification fro Bloomfield College in NJ. I would like to teach while in Mexico to supplement our savings. We would like to live near the beach but not in the middle of the big tourist centers. But we are flexible and can adjust very quickly. As a result, we will go where the best job opportunity exists while considering what is best for our little 4 year angel. Please tell me about your experiences. Where you live and if you like it. Tell me about places that I am not aware about but may be good places to spend a year or two with my family. This time off for me is like a sabbatical. I am burnt out of the legal profession.
Thank you very much, Lazaro

I am an expatriate retired down here (Chapala, Jalisco) so work hasn't been an issue. I am conversant, however, with the situation and I suspect that English teaching jobs are somewhat scarce and pay poorly compared to other countries, especially Japan and Korea. However, since you are fluent in Spanish, you might consider one of the many Spanish language schools. Some are quite picky about their instructors and I would expect they would be very interested in someone as highly educated as you. Because they are set up to attract young people, they are typically in desirable places. The only ones I am familiar with are in the mountains but I would be surprised if there weren't some in places like Puerto Vallarta, Tenacatita, or even Manzanillo. Also in the Yucatan, Merida or as a last resort, Cancun. Good luck with your adventure.

Thank you mjohncody for your response. You say that jobs have not been an issue for you. Is that because you don't need one since you are retire! What is the cost of living in Chapala, Mexico? On average how much does one need to live comfortably in this area? How did you chose this area? I am only interested in teaching English as a Foreign language because this is the only job that I thought I may have an opportunity to find for an American like me. Do you know of any other jobs that may be available to Americans in Mexico. I am sick and tire of the snow and burned out from practicing law. I just need to get away for a while. Maybe one or two years. Any info you can share with me will be greatly appreciated. Also, if you can refer me to any other sources that I can do research about making my move will also be very helpful. Thanks. Lazaro