Places to visit in the Tamil Nadu

Hi,

For the ones living in the Tamil Nadu, what would you suggest to discover the region?

When you have friends or family visiting you, where do you go with them? What are the must-see places in the Tamil Nadu, the tourist sites?

How to visit the region in an original way? Any unusual or unknown place to recommend?

What would you suggest for a couple of days of for a week of holidays in the Tamil Nadu?

Thank you in advance for participating ;)

Julie

Hi Julie, I think it might be post, but I reply here it might help others..
Tamilnadu has lots of visit.. I recommend some place like kanyakumari(beach), ooty(hill), masinakudi(forest), kodikanal(hill), tophills(forest) and lots of temples... thajavur, thrivannamalai etc,.. still more.. can't list everything

Hi fastersaec,

Thank you for your contribution :)

Hasnaa
Expat.com Team

Being grown up in this state i have visited almost all the places. There are lots of places to visit in Tamil Nadu. Tamilnadu offers a lot to a traveler. There are some tour operators where you can find the exact details about your journey.

General tips: tourism is taken as an industry over there so, u will have many facilities but food is a problem in most of the places.

Best 10 tourist spots in tamilnadu
Chennai-Kapaleeswarar Temple.
Mahabalipuram. Sculptures of 1000 years old and shore temple.
Kancheepuram so many old gigantic temples made of granite.
Tanjore Big Temple. huge granite temple with the biggest vimana.
Madurai Meenakshi temple.
Kurtalalm water falls.
Kanyakumari Vivakananda Rock Memorial and temple.
Snake and crocodile bank near Kovalam.
Kovalam Beach rosort, boat ride and beach.
Chennai Marina Beach the second longest beach.
Arinzar Anna Zoo, Chennai biggest zoo of India.

Vanakam  :D I'm interested to travel to Tamil Nadu with friends and experience the culture and way of life in Southern India. Any tips for those first time female traveler, like me? I would love to see the place.

Best thing would be to visit ttdconline.com as they have several tours for budget travelers.  You can check each place covered by them in their itinerary for  more details. It is a Govt. of TN undertaking.

Thanks Naval Rungta
It would be a worry and hassle free for travelers then and just enjoy the experiences ahead.