Places to visit in Dublin

Hi,

For the ones living in Dublin, what would you suggest to discover the region?

When you have friends or family visiting you, where do you go with them? What are the must-see places in Dublin, the tourist sites?

How to visit the region in an original way? Any unusual or unknown place to recommend?

What would you suggest for a couple of days of for a week of holidays in Dublin?

Thank you in advance for participating ;)

Julie

Hey,

The Dublin Bus Tour and the Viking Splash Tour are always good around the city. Then there is Dublin Castle, The Guinness Storehouse, Christchurch, The Zoo in Pheonix Park (one of the world's oldest), The Leprechaun Museum, The Aviva, Kilmainham Gaol, Collins Barracks.... It really depends on what kind of things interest you to be honest and what kind of activities you're looking for?

Alli

Hello Alli.

Thank you for your contribution.

Regards

Karen :)

Hi Karen,

There is so much more to do and see it just really depends on age group and interests. I only just listed off a few things because I would have been here all night typing haha :)

Dublin is pretty big, I'd say if you wanted to see area's around Dublin like Wicklow (Known as the Garden of Ireland) Meath (The Royal County) or Kerry or Galway (Beautiful places in the south and the west) then there are actually special tour buses that leave Dublin at a particular time and go to Glendalough, Tara, Killarney, Connemara and places like that. Dublin doesn't have that much left by way of scenery really. Loads of museums and history, but to see some of the most beautiful landscapes you mostly have to go outside of Dublin

Alli

[Moderated: Off topic]