Places to visit in Barcelona

Hi,

For the ones living in Barcelona, what would you suggest to discover the region?

When you have friends or family visiting you, where do you go with them? What are the must-see places in Barcelona, the tourist sites?

How to visit the region in an original way? Any unusual or unknown place to recommend?

What would you suggest for a couple of days of for a week of holidays in Barcelona?

Thank you in advance for participating ;)

Julie

Hi Julie,

It depends on each one interests. But I would not recomend tourist sites. There are many unknown corners to discover.

When I go wherever, I try to discover how local people live. It's the people that take my interest not the places.

What are your interests?

Paco

Hello Paco.

Please note that Julie forms part of the Expat.com Team.

This thread has been launched so as to collect the maximum informations about the must-see places in Barcelona, the tourist sites also. So if you have any tips or informations, please feel free to share.

Thanks.

Karen :)

I think Barcelona offers all kind of attractions for all interests that is why to choose: in parks, architecture, museums, party...

It is difficult to send someone to a XIX century romantic park like Parc del Laberint or to a X century church Sant Pau del Camp if that person is looking for a XXI century Jean Nouvel Park or the Abraham multireligious centre in Villa Olimpica...

:)

Hi there! Can I suggest some phototours? I run some photographic tours in Barcelona, a mix of a normal waling tour and on spot class of basic photography(nothing boring, just the basis:)
These are my tours:

facebook.com/pages/Barcelona-Photo-Tours/504494772905454?ref=hl