Places to visit in California

Hi,

For the ones living in California, what would you suggest to discover the region?

When you have friends or family visiting you, where do you go with them? What are the must-see places in California, the tourist sites?

How to visit the region in an original way? Any unusual or unknown place to recommend?

What would you suggest for a couple of days of for a week of holidays in California?

Thank you in advance for participating ;)

Julie

well the top two cities are SF and LA. You can do that or choose Northern Ca vs Southern Ca. If your going with northern Ca then you can visit SF, Napa Valley, Sacramento and Lake Tahoe. If you are in the south then LA, disneyland, Orange County and San Diego. California is really big so you wont see everything in a week.

Social scenes, museums, sport and other events (i.e. Rose Parade), etc. So many options in California. But a lot what is unique and special in California, and which can be visited anytime, will be found outside the cities in the numerous state and national parks and monuments.

For those living in California, many parks and monuments are closer than you may think. The big ones worth seeing include, but not limited to, Sequoia & Kings Canyon National Parks, Lassen Volcanic National Park, Death Valley NP, Anza-Borrego Desert State Park (do this in the spring after the rain when the desert is exploding in flowers of all colors), Big Basin Redwoods State Park or Redwoods NP to see big coastal redwood forests.

More sight seeing can be done by simply driving Highway 1. Follow the road. Stop at your whimsy, take your time, stop at a B&B for the night.

For a one stop over-view of the state, visit the State Fair in Sacramento, as all the counties have displays about what they have to offer.

California is larger than a lot of countries.  Anyone visiting should pick a specific area and then look into that.  Too many people think they're going to fly into Los Angles, rent a car, look around and drive to San Francisco the same day.

Were you just messing or where you being serious about the incorrect information about California ?

Cornelius21 wrote:

Were you just messing or where you being serious about the incorrect information about California ?

It's hard to tell what you're referring to since several posts were deleted, but I was serious when I said that the Grand Canyon is not in California.  I don't know why that would bother anyone.  It's an absolutely verifiable fact.

Don't recall reading anyone wants an essay written about California.

HaileyinHongKong wrote:
Cornelius21 wrote:

It's hard to tell what you're referring to since several posts were deleted, but I was serious when I said that the Grand Canyon is not in California.  I don't know why that would bother anyone.  It's an absolutely verifiable fact.

And probably not moving to California any time soon

There was a post listing places in Arizona, Nevada and Utah as being in California.

HaileyinHongKong wrote:

California is larger than a lot of countries.  Anyone visiting should pick a specific area and then look into that.  Too many people think they're going to fly into Los Angles, rent a car, look around and drive to San Francisco the same day.

This is on point. California also has mountains, deserts, oceans and lakes. You can pretty much take your pick of what you want. I tend to like the coastal areas near San Diego and San Francisco myself.