Pets in Greece

Hi All! I am looking to move to Greece but through research, have not been able to find much about pets in Greece. I have two 50lb dogs that I'd like to bring with me. Can anyone speak to vet care and boarding for dogs? Are there dog parks?  Do many people have dogs? Are they allowed on public transportation? What about dog food and supplies? Any insight is appreciated. Thanks!!

Hi
yes people do have dogs, but there are lots of strays.
dog parks in Athens?? very few general parks (it depends where you live) and most beaches dont allow dogs.
Out of Athens lots of wide open spaces.
Be careful of the poison also!! some people put poison down to kill the strays, which is very sad.
these are just some of the bad points.
there are many dog lovers in Greece.

Hello, I moved here from america last summer. I brought with me my 2 little dogs. One Poodle and One shitz zu. If the dogs are under 20 lbs, you can take them on the plan with you. If not, they will have to travel in cargo. And it has to be durning the time of year when it is not to hot or cold. All there shots must be up to date and they must have micro chips in them.. But, I will tell you, After I went through the vet bills, papers and everything else, when i arrived in greece.. Not one person even looked at my dogs. No questions at all. I got off the plan, got my luggage went through customs and still no one even checked the micro chips.. i could not believe it.. There are plenty of vets here and yes, all kinds of Dog food, toys and other supplies.. You will be fine.. I would not have ever come over here if could not have brought my dogs, they are just like my children.. Good luck too you, Charlotte