All who wanna learn Arabic?

I always wonder why exactly do you wanna learn Arabic. I mean, what goals usually do you think of? Please share.

Of course to communicate with Arabic speaking people.
Especially for dealing with government offices where there are many local staffs who don't speak English.

Ultimately, my wish is to learn and speak Arabic as well as I speak English, which isn't much btw.
(I used the word "wish" because this may never happen in this life. :rolleyes:)

I'll be satisfied if I can express my thoughts and opinion without feeling of frustration inside.
Oh! And I want to understand every curse words and mockeries that some Arabs may throw at me. :lol:

Arabic is a wonderful language rich and full of interesting grammar I'm learning right now to speak write and read the rich texts which exist in the Arab world I have some wonderful software to help me but I really need a teacher with this grammar

My father once said "you are a guest in this country. Try to learn their customs and language". I say "I want to know what they are saying when they talk together and look my way!". Knowledge is strength (and survival).

eh, just to barter.  I personally dont like arabic and think it sounds as bad as hebrew.  I just want to learn more to make my life easier since im always trying to find stuff

raheel ali wrote:

I I believe language is something best learn by speaking,than reading.

Get an Arabic girl friend ... I challenge .. U will learn Arabic in no time .

I learnt Italian same way. :p

Such an expensive way @raheel? :dumbom:

As a matter of fact, in my 12 yrs in KSA I haven't seen even a SINGLE person who took Arabic learning courses and he/she could get power to use Arabic in business or deal with government offices.

Exceptions exist but only with the people having their native language close to Arabic (Urdu or Persian for example).

I agree with you @FLS. It's a difficult language. And I guess the limit for normal learners is what Raheel said: sneaking into their discussions. To go beyond, it would need gigantic efforts.

No, I've never been fond of predicaments :lol: (just kidding)

just learn any of the basic words and you'll survive in this mysterious land.:D

haha! just tell me those crus words and I'll let you know what they mean xD if you felt offended in any situation. some Arabs might not seem friendly, but I promise there are so many friendly people as well. you know, like anywhere around the world

miyan miyan

whenever I speak Arabic they start speaking English :D I wonder why may be they don't want me to introduce another language :S