Delft or Rotterdam

Hi... I am going to move to Netherlands. I am thinking either to live in Delft or in Rotterdam. What do u suggest? Which is the cost of living in these cities? Any information for living there are welcome!

Thanks,
Theo

Hi,

Well Delft is really a nice little city between Rotterdam and Den Haag. You will find more students and the flats are cheaper than Rotterdam.
Rotterdam is more expensive but also more dynamic in terms of culture, events, music, theater, museums (but Delft got a big historical legacy too, Willem d'Orange was shot here)...
It is known to be the city that never fall asleep...

But the real question is : "Would you rather live in big or intermediate cities?"

I live in Rotterdam. I have no problem with it but I hear it is one of the higher crime areas in Holland.

Delft is a really nice city.

rotterdam you must live ther its i nice city al so know as studentcity

Hi Thodoris,

Rotterdam: It newly built city and looks very modern. Night life in Rotterdam is comparatively better than that of Delft.Also there are a lot expats living in Rotterdam. It is easy to get almost any countries food ingredients and people here are very friendly and don think language should be a problem as everyone speaks english. Also it has excellent transportation. For a normal person to live inclusive of rent, food with few times eating out, insurance, transportation, heat, electricity would cost upto 1000-1200 euros.

Delft: It is comparitely very small when compared to Rotterdam. A lot of students live there. Also transportation system is not as great as rotterdam. Cost of living 800-1000 euros.

I am talking about nominal living in both the cities.

My personal preference would be Rotterdam!!