Hello everyone !

I am planning to move to Edinburgh together with my husband , starting to 2014 and I am concerned about the language and the people. Will I be able to find a job only by knowing pure english ?Are the people friendly ? Do they speak only schots ?

Hi Alexandra1987,

I suggest you to go through topics on the Scotland forum where you may find more useful information. :)

Thank you,

David.

Hi Alexandra

I recently moved from Athens to Aberdeen. Please feel free to
Contact me and I could try to answer to most of your questions

Maria

Thank you very much for the informations. Cheers !

Heya there Alexandra:)

Hello !

Hi Alexandra,
Im currently living in Aberdeen and working in hospitality. When i came to this country my english wasnt the best neither but i met so many people who are actually helped me a lot to improve my language skills. I could find a job easy as well, first as a glasscollector, later bartender and now 3 years later i am a restaurant Mananager. I am hiring people with no or really poor english for kitchen porter or for cleaner and later on if you feeling more confident you can get better positions as well.
People are mostly friendly and their accent is so many times funny but you can easily get use to it :)
Good luck!
Livia

I am wanting to learn more about Scotland living and I was reading your interesting post. What is a glass collector?

Dedrianne

Glass collector is a job in a busy night clubs or bars. basically during night time you need to run around the whole club to collect all of the dirty glasses what customers leaves on the table and wash them.

Thank you for letting me know.