What is the job situation for Americans who move to ecuador?

Hi,

I would really like to know how the job situation is for americans. I would love to care for kids (both from ecuador and for expats) work in orphanage and teach english...

Blessings,
Ron

Ron,
There has been many post recently discussing this very topic. You can see these by working through the older threads. As far as working in an orphanage, I would be surprised if anyone on this forum had an experience they could share. You haven't said whether you speak fluent Spanish, which would be required for most of the jobs here. I did note a few threads back, which you are free to read, that there will be an English teacher position available in Loja which will likely be filled in August. You would have to be here to apply. If you were given that position, then they might be able to help you with the visa you will need. However, I don't actually know this. You would have to discuss that with the school. Good Luck.

Thank you for the advice I truly appreciate it.

Ron

There was a English teaching position in Canoa a month ago. It's probably still open since they were offering $300 per month on a one year contract which doesn't nearly cover the cost of living in a tourist town like Canoa.

Thanks bro for the information I truly appreciate it. Ive been checking out Puerto Rico as well...

Best wishes,
Ron