How to draw job offers if I am not resident in Canada

How to draw job offers if I am not resident in Canada? Since emplyers look for employees in the same country and they all won't pay much attention to the CV's receieved from abroad.

So for seeking a job or even an internship in Canada, what would be the gate?
Regards,
Bill

Hello Bill,

The bitter truth is that nowhere in the world is it going to be easy to find a job from abroad unless of course you're a top executive with tons of experience administring companies. Just doesn't happen.

If you're just an average person then your chances are slim to none of getting a firm "long distance" job offer. Everyone wants a personal interview with the candidates and telephone or video interviews are still almost unheard of.

Absolutely nothing substitutes a personal job search in the location you intend to work and reside. The only other chance is to contact large multinational companies in your home country which also have operations in Canada. They may be able to help you in terms of placement or can put you in touch with the right people in the Human Resources Department  of their Canadian operation. Even then there is no guarantee of success.

http://yoursmiles.org/tsmile/flag/t67118.gif  Cheers,  http://yoursmiles.org/tsmile/flag/t67054.gif
  William James Woodward – Brazil Animator, Expat-blog Team

Thank you Mr. William!

Totally right! Your words are like tapping into the truth of nowadays.
Well, I have been told by a friend of mind that there is a lawyer i Canada works on immigration papers.
And the reuired  documents he require are: academic transcripts, IELTS score, Passport copy, CV.
Which appearant that he intends to provide me with a work visa.
Byt work visas require work permits, so it is  little bit confusing, but people say that this lawyer has succeeded with transferring many employees and jnvestors to Canada,

So, what do you think of this sir?
Regards,
Bill

There are a confusing number of different visas, permits, programs, both on the federal level and then even more state-by-state.

Find out which one your friend proposes, some of them require a specific job offer, some do not.

Back to your original question:

Even if there were no preference fpr personal interviews, sponsoring a work permit takes time, money and effort on behalf of the employer.

You could try searching for ads mentioning sponsorship specifically.

That's true Szocske.

Thank you for your comment.

Maybe I should have mentioned that the processing of this visa will take around six months, one more thing, the academic transcripts which also need to be processed prior to anything else.

I think I'd better muse over the embassy website.
Regards,
Bill

good conversation , welcome to our blog

Hi there.

Can someone give some recruiters names in Canada please, or where do I find recruiters in Canada or maybe some newspapers where jobs are advertised.

Thanks.
Barry.

Zairex wrote:

this visa

Quick legitimacy check: A real immigration lawyer should be able to give you the exact name of the specific track he has in mind, like "Federal Skilled Workers Program, PhD stream"

This website has an ads section for example, and you can upload your CV too!

Monster.ca is similar, but much less friendly and personal :-)

Thank you for the website.

Getting back to immigration, I see it as the first great step towards employment for example in Canada, so that would be bonus that you re applying for a country you re resident of. As a result will be much likely to get the job.