26 and moving to Malta !! Nervous any advice appreciated !

My grandfather was Maltese and I have family who live in Sliema (aunts, uncles and cousins)
I have been to Malta plenty of times and love the life. I'm a hairdresser in the uk and I also work in a call centre too. I can speak a little bit of Maltese and could pick it up. I'm looking at moving to Malta after Christmas as I need to save some money first. I think family will put me up for a few months while I look for a
Job and somewhere to live (on my own). I've heard that the best time to look for jobs would be April may time ? I'm
Looking at visiting a few more times before relocating. But wondering will I need a work permit ?
Thanks
Danielle

if EU no permit required

Thanks so I can stay and work for as
Long I want ?

Hi Dani

You can stay as a visitor for 3 months but within that time you will need to apply for your card which can either be as working or as a financially independent person.

There are several threads (including the top stickied one that explain about applying)

:)

Thanks
I'm a hairdresser and looking to get a job ideally doing that. I'm so excited I love malta

Dani I need a haircut every 2 weeks so book me in :)

Even though its just a shave!

there are hundreds upon hundreds of hairdressers and its a very competetive market.