Monthly Salary 25000 UAH before tax

Hello,

I had an interview with a company in Kiev.
Can anyone tell me for a senior IT guy what are the approx salaries?

This company said they can give Monthly Salary 25000 UAH before tax .

Is it a decent deal? What would be the tax rate?
In City center a studio furnished apartment with utilities like gas/water/electricity/TV/internet would cost how much rent monthly?

Thanks

Personally, I think you are underselling yourself. I assume you are Dutch. What is the going rate in your country. Remember, Ukraine is looking at you as skilled laborer and able to do something they cannot. It is simply wrong to pay you on the Ukrainian scale. Not only must your salary be higher, what about perks. Will they subsidize housing or transportation, etc? Who will pay for you to make the move? Are there annual trips home, and so on and so forth ... Use your head. I would start by learning the conversion rate on the money. Just from that alone you would have seen that as a raw deal.

spdmon wrote:

Personally, I think you are underselling yourself. I assume you are Dutch. What is the going rate in your country. Remember, Ukraine is looking at you as skilled laborer and able to do something they cannot. It is simply wrong to pay you on the Ukrainian scale. Not only must your salary be higher, what about perks. Will they subsidize housing or transportation, etc? Who will pay for you to make the move? Are there annual trips home, and so on and so forth ... Use your head. I would start by learning the conversion rate on the money. Just from that alone you would have seen that as a raw deal.

Hey thanks for your reply.
I am Indian national currently working in Netherlands and my contract is coming to an end here and didn't find any jobs in current job market.
I make 4000 euros here monthly gross but tax rate is much higher close to 37%.
So in the end if I convert I would be saving the same amount I would save here :)( that is when I convert euros to Indian Rupee or UAH to Indian Rupee )
I will get relocation bonus + monthly insurance + monthly travel.
Housing I have to look for myself , thats the real worry as I do not know how much it wud cost in city center.
I am trying to get that added ( annual trips ) but not certain they would.

I would definitely go for a higher salary or some type of subsistence allowance.

I am egyptian and married from kiev, i want move to kiev but i am do worry because i fear that i can not have work there because i speak only a little bit russian, i speak very good english so what is your advice.

maged nathan azer farag wrote:

I am egyptian and married from kiev, i want move to kiev but i am do worry because i fear that i can not have work there because i speak only a little bit russian, i speak very good english so what is your advice.

Hmm , Do you work in IT?
I think only few english jobs available in Ukraine are for senior IT consultants.
or maybe english teachers but they would normally be hired from western countries or fluent english speaking countries.