COST OF LIVING

Dear friends,

What will be the cost of living in Ras Al Khaimah for a family of husband, wife and a 1 year old baby. The house( water+electricity+ furniture) and transportation is provided by the company which is recruiting me.

And is final and top most question is what i ask " is it safe to bring my 1 year old kid there, me asking about climate and food"

Me basically from Bangalore, India

Your your help and suggestions are welcome...

Thanking you...

Raj

Good morning,
Cost of living is always a difficult question to answer as all depends on your style of living! Here in RAK there is a supermarket called Lulu (at RAK Mall) which is quite cheap and where I see a lot of Indians shopping.
Of course it is safe to bring your kiddo here. So many expatriates (from all nationalities) are living here with babies! and so many babies are even born here. One of my own kids is even born here 34 years ago and lived here for over 1 year!
Welcome to UAE!

If furnished house + utility is covered by your employer, you would need about 10+ K minimum to have a decent life, without a fancy life, things like drinking etc. This is assuming your family medical insurance is provided by the employer. Kid's items are quite expensive, and as he grows up so will be schooling.  In that case you would need 15K.  There is nothing much (except a couple of malls) in RAK for expenses; but you would be tempted to visit Dubai (about 110 km away) often.
RAK is pretty safe.  Think you raised the question before?