Cost of living, good salary in Mauritius-systems engineer 4.2 yrs exp.

Hi everybody,

I'm a systems engineer from India. My expertise lies in linux, unix and windows server administration and networking. With a total experience of more than 4 years, I've got a chance to work in Mauritius. I am curious to know the cost of living and how much I should expect in terms of salary per month, in MUR, so that I can live comfortably and save at the same time.

What other benefits must thw company provide? And how is the place and people?

Basically, I want to be sure if it is going to be worth leaving India and working in Mauritius.

For cost of living www.numbeo.com

Hi there everybody,

Once again, what is a decent salary for an IT professional(systems engineer) with 4+ years of experience. Please let me know in terms of take home, the amount excluding HRA.

Also, what other facilities should the company provide?

Is the food in Mauritius expensive? That is, if I'm going to be eating out every day?

I appreciate your help here! Cheers!

Hi

The salary scale depends on many factors like the profile of the company, the job market and the field. However, one important point to consider is that you will have to earn more than MRU 30,000 ( about INR 50,000)  monthly to be eligible for an Occupation Permit as a professional.

Mauritius is very much like India and at the same time very different. I know this might sound confusing but you will discover for yourself if you eventually land here.

Food is not a problem. You will find many places to eat out and a large variety to choose from.

However, the cost of living here is higher than in India and depending on your monthly salary, it could be that you will have to live on a tight budget especially if your rental is high.

Hallo harmonics007.

I would suggest you to read the following discussion it might help you to figure some issues out.

- Cost of living in Mauritius

Thanks

Karen :)

Thanks Kaviraj!

Hi Karen,

Thanks for the reference! however, these details are 5 years old. Are the prices the same now?

Again, thanks for the information guys!