Regarding naturalization for people with a Brazilian Child

Hi germanbrickhouse,

If you've got the CIE then you won't have any problem, but as Steve mentioned if you should ever lose your CIE it would be good to have the stamp in your passport.  You can go back to the Federal Police with your passport and request that they place their stamp "Registrado como Permanente", your process number should also be included.

Cheers,
James
expat.com Experts Team

In relation to the filing for naturalization, when does the Portuguese language test have to be taken? And what does it consist of?

germanbrickhouse wrote:

In relation to the filing for naturalization, when does the Portuguese language test have to be taken? And what does it consist of?

Unless you've already been granted permanency you're kind of jumping the gun, don't you think? Even after being granted permanency (based on marriage or a Brazilian child) you still must wait one year before you can even apply for naturalization. Regarding the fluency test, it all depends upon WHERE you apply for naturalization; some DPF delegacies require the CELPE-Bras test administered by the Ministry of Education, while others may administer a test of their own.

Cheers,
James
expat.com Experts Team

Hi,
Is there anyone who can help me how to fill up application of getting GRU slip on the base of child born in Brazil.
I trying to fill here,

http://www.pf.gov.br/servicos/gru/imigr … trangeiros

First of all which option should i have to select for GRU as under

Select one of the options below:

People and Brazilian entities
People and Brazilian entities - Complementary
Foreign individuals and entities
Foreign individuals and entities - Complementary
Application fee Return

and what i have to select from "Unidade Arrecadadora" I am in Florianopolis.
The next phase is filling the form and i am not understand which fee option has to select . Kindly help me so i can complete the process.
I already fill the application from https://servicos.dpf.gov.br/sincreWeb , is it correct application on the base of Brazilian born child?
What are their fees? Only have to pay GRU created fee or also is there other fee?
Thanks in advance and waiting

Thank you James for sharing your knowledge. What if you apply for permanency then exit the country before receiving the residency card? Can someone mail the card to you? And can you use it to re-enter the country?

No. Pick up in person only.

Thanks. What is the validity period of the protocolo stamp in the passport?

The one you get at application is 60 days. The CIE is valid 10 years.

Thanks! So, to be clear, I can't delegate someone to pick up my permanent residency card, correct?

No.

Thanks!

The stamp in the passport doesn't expire. The PF will probably require you to renew your protocolo every 90 days.  Your CIE will probably arrive before then

You will have to receive it with your signature. My friend was tryng to delegate someone to pick his card but invail.

The following information is valid for: Departamento de Polícia Federal - Superintendência Regional SP in February 2017. The requirements and procedures do vary between delegacias.

No dia do seu agendamento quando você deposita seu pedido de naturalização, a PF manda que você escreva uma carta para o ministério da justiça descrevendo seu trabalho e atividades no Brasil. Então, o naturalizado tem uma hora para responder 6 questões sobre um texto em português de duas páginas. O texto usado nesse caso é sobre o campeão de boxe na olímpica 2016 no Rio, brasileiro Robson Conceição. Um questão pergunta sobre o que é o texto em geral. Três questões perguntam quais são os nomes das três pessoas que são mencionadas no texto. Um questão pergunta o que aconteceu no final da competição entre Robson e o oponente dele. O questão final manda os razões individuais do naturalizado porque ele/ela deseja ser naturalizado no Brasil. Então, o agente lê alto uma oração curta do texto e você deve escrevê-la.

Note that depending on your individual situation the PF will ask for a set of documents that may differ from another applicant.

Greetings Sir,
Just wanted to ask, i know this post is from 2015. i am getting married on the 9th of this month and i wanted to get guidance on how to go about applying for my permanent residency.
i wanted to know how long after we get married, can i go to the policia federal and apply for my RNE?
secondly,what documents would i need to apply for it given the change of sept. 2014?
can i travel out of brazil for honeymoon with my wife while the procedure is ongoing?
thanks in advance

Greetings German...,
Just wanted to ask, i am getting married on the 9th of this month and i wanted to get guidance on how to go about applying for my permanent residency.
i wanted to know how long after we get married, can i go to the policia federal and apply for my RNE?
secondly,what documents would i need to apply for it given the change of sept. 2014?
can i travel out of brazil for honeymoon with my wife to another country while the procedure is ongoing?
And the stamp i get on my passport does that act as proof out of brazil that my CIE is pending?
thanks in advance.its an urgent request if you dont mind

You can and should apply immediately.

Documents required:

Request for stay based on marriage

Request for stay based on marriage, as provided for in Administrative Rule MJ 4/2015 and related legislation (article 75, II, "a" Law No. 6815/80 and RN No. 108/2014 CNIg):

Own request, available at https://servicos.dpf.gov.br/sincreWeb/ ;

Two (02) 3x4 size pictures, recent, colorful, with white background.

Authenticated, clear and complete copy of passport or equivalent travel document;

Certified copy of the marriage certificate;

Authenticated copy of the Brazilian identity card of the spouse;

Declaration that they are not separated de facto or de jure, signed by the couple, with recognized firms;

Declaration that he has not been prosecuted or criminally convicted in Brazil or abroad if he has not been married for more than 5 years;

Proof of payment of the respective fee.

Revenue Code: 140066 - R $ 168.13 (Request for Permanence)

Revenue Code: 140082 - R $ 106,45 (Foreign Registration)

Revenue Code: 140120 - R $ 204.77 (Foreigner's Portfolio)

If you have all of your documents you will be approved for RNE and given a protocol.

You will be able to travel while you are waiting for the CIE.
You are required to notify PF of your plans to leave the country.

Good LucK
Jim

thanks jim,but where do i make all those payments?

And
´Declaration that they are not separated de facto or de jure, signed by the couple, with recognized firms ´ HOW IS THIS DONE? WE WRITE IT ON A REGULAR A4 PAPER AND HAVE SOME LEGAL FIRM ENDORSE? OR THERE IS A SPECIFIC FORM FOR THIS?
PLEASE ADVICE

Declaration that he has not been prosecuted or criminally convicted in Brazil or abroad if he has not been married for more than 5 years;
NOW ABOUT THIS, WHAT IF I DON´T HAVE A RECENT CERTIFICATE OF NON-CONVICTION? WHATS THE OPTION AROUND THIS? I´VE NEVER BEEN CONVICTED HERE IN BRAZIL, CAN THE POLICIA FEDERAL ISSUE SUCH DOCUMENT TO ME?

The PF will provide you with these forms. At least they did when I did mine.

Jim

You make the payments at Banco Do Brazil or the Post office .

Jim

i just walk in and tell them i wanna pay for those? or is there any information i give them and they will have me pay? what do i walk in the post office and say i wanna do? thanks for your info so far.

The PF will provide you with these forms. At least they did when I did mine.

HEY JIM,
DID YOU HAVE TO MAKE ANY PAYMENT FOR THE FORM TO SHOW YOU HAVENT BEEN CONVICTED OF ANY CRIME IN BRAZIL? SO I CAN HAVE ALL THAT IN MIND BEFORE HEADING THERE

Authenticated, clear and complete copy of passport or equivalent travel document;
DO I HAVE TO MAKE COPIES OF MY PASSPORT AND TAKE TO A NOTARY OR CARTEIRA AND HAVE THEM NOTARIZE THAT? OR JUST THE ORIGINAL COPY OF BIO DATA PAGES WITH INFORMATION ABOUT ME WILL BE SUFFICIENT?

DO I ALSO NEED TO MAKE A COPY OF OUR MARRIAGE CERTIFCATE AND HAVE IT NOTERIZED SAME WAY TO AT THE CARTEIRA OR I CAN JUST GO WITH THE ORIGINAL COPY?
SAME WITH MY WIFE´S ID TOO?
sorry for asking and asking. i´ve already gathered every document you mentioned in your first reply. i also filled the form online and printed and saved as well. will be making the payments as you directed next week so friday i head to the policia federal to apply.

one last question Jim, do i pay all the fees at once? and when i pay all at once, what do i get immediately i pay those? do i get the RNE and Protocol immediately and the CIE later?

thanks again for the guide, its been helpful

You generate GRUs here http://www.pf.gov.br/servicos-pf/gru, print them out and take them to any bank for payment (PF prefers Banco do Brasil). You can't pay at the PF.

What about the post office?

princej31 wrote:

And
´Declaration that they are not separated de facto or de jure, signed by the couple, with recognized firms ´ HOW IS THIS DONE? WE WRITE IT ON A REGULAR A4 PAPER AND HAVE SOME LEGAL FIRM ENDORSE? OR THERE IS A SPECIFIC FORM FOR THIS?
PLEASE ADVICE

You can write it up on an A4 and take it to the Cartório to have your signature notarized. Please note that it must be "Reconhecimento da Firma por AUTENTICIDADE" which is the only kind accepted by the Federal Police (not the cheaper "por semelhança"). This means you both must attend the Cartório in person, with identification, open a signature (Abrir a firma) if you have not already done so, and then sign their register that you've sworn the document.

NOW ABOUT THIS, WHAT IF I DON´T HAVE A RECENT CERTIFICATE OF NON-CONVICTION? WHATS THE OPTION AROUND THIS? I´VE NEVER BEEN CONVICTED HERE IN BRAZIL, CAN THE POLICIA FEDERAL ISSUE SUCH DOCUMENT TO ME?

If you have never been convicted you will get a certificate that confirms exactly that. No option around. There are three instâncias in Brasil and four different certificates required for the naturalization process, none being issued by the PF themselves. You should ask the PF exactly which one(s) they require.

Quite sure you can pay at the correios as well. But again, PF specifically states, that they prefer Banco do Brasil.

There was no charge for it.

Jim

princej31 wrote:

DO I HAVE TO MAKE COPIES OF MY PASSPORT AND TAKE TO A NOTARY OR CARTEIRA AND HAVE THEM NOTARIZE THAT? OR JUST THE ORIGINAL COPY OF BIO DATA PAGES WITH INFORMATION ABOUT ME WILL BE SUFFICIENT?

The Cartório will make certified copies for you. You will need the entire passport, all pages, even the blanks.

princej31 wrote:

DO I ALSO NEED TO MAKE A COPY OF OUR MARRIAGE CERTIFCATE AND HAVE IT NOTERIZED SAME WAY TO AT THE CARTEIRA OR I CAN JUST GO WITH THE ORIGINAL COPY?
SAME WITH MY WIFE´S ID TOO?
sorry for asking and asking. i´ve already gathered every document you mentioned in your first reply. i also filled the form online and printed and saved as well. will be making the payments as you directed next week so friday i head to the policia federal to apply.

one last question Jim, do i pay all the fees at once? and when i pay all at once, what do i get immediately i pay those? do i get the RNE and Protocol immediately and the CIE later?

thanks again for the guide, its been helpful

Also certified copy of marriage certificate and your wife's ID, same as your passport. When you go to the bank to pay the GRUs, they will return one half of the forms with their confirmation that it has been paid (you pay all together the same time). Those you will submit together with all your documents at the PF when you apply. You have to make an appointment online in order to submit your application.

Filling out this document and then clicking generate it will provide you with the documents you need for payment.

https://servicos.dpf.gov.br/gru/gru?nac=1&rec=2

Jim

I thought once you fill out the form and fill,all you gotta do is walk in after all is said and done and pay.
Is there another site to set up appointment to deposit all documents? Or once I've filled out and printed the  form,im as good as booked for deposit?
Thanks again,please advise

The PF site says to make an appointment. When I did mine we walked in and took a number. I have had others tell me the same. I think it depends on your location.

Jim

im in sao paulo. itaquera to be precise

First, you generate a protocolo. Second, you check availability for an appointment (you need your protocolo number to do this) here: https://servicos.dpf.gov.br/sincreWeb/p … amento.jsp
Third, you choose available appointment date/time.
Appear 15 min at the PF before your appointment. Which location in your case?

You can visit Departamento de Polícia Federal - Superintendência Regional SP, R. Hugo D'Antola, 95 - Lapa de Baixo, São Paulo - SP, 05038-090. There are always a lot of people but the processing is quite efficient.

i have started yet, getting married thursday (finally after 6months of going back and fourth). but i am in sao paulo. quick question, after generating the protocol, i can book appointment without having paid yet? or i need to pay at the bank before i can book an appointment? which is which?

This I'm not sure, it may be rejected. But try if you can make an appointment without having paid yet. Please let us know if it works.

You will need to have the fees paid before you go to PF or schedule the appointment. As I said I never had an appointment. But you still have to have your fees paid before you go to PF otherwise you have wasted your time.

Jim