Intro and question about schools

hi all!

We are a family in Malaysia, we just got word of our cross-posting to Libya, so we hope to be there later this year! This will be our first overseas expatriate assignment, so we are very excited and nervous.

With kids, I've heard that our priority should be applying to schools, so I am trying to find out as much as possible ASAP.

Ideally we would like to find a school with arabic and islamic lessons. I've looked at the websites for the international schools, but not all give detailed info on their curriculum. I know the International School has arabic and islamic studies, but can't find info for the other schools. Does anyone know?

Also, do the schools currently have waiting lists, in particular the International School?

Finally, any words of advice on anything - Libya, packing, moving with kids, etc.?

Thanks so much in advance!

Salamu Alikum.
I have the same situation. I went and sked for Tripoli International School. They have vacancies but they advised me to hurry because last year 22 students were in the waiting list for KG.
How old are your children?
Try this http://yellowpages.ly/index.php?id=39&page=1
this is a list of schools.
good luck

Thanks for your reply, ibngabal.My kids are 6 and 2 years old. That list is of local schools? I don't think that is an option as my kids don't know arabic (yet).

Are you in Libya already, or waiting to go? We should be there in June.

Salamu Alikum. I am in Libya already.
There are alot Int. Schools like Tripoli Int. School, Al Fawz.
I don't think there is a problem for you to find  school as your children ages are 6 & 2.You will get something suitable inshaALLH by that time.

Here is information that was quoted on a past post.  Many of the schools do have waiting lists so it would be a good idea to contact them now to reserve a place.
   ISM does offer Arabic as a course.  There are other schools as well such as a Pakistani school etc, but could not find contact info.  Here is a list of International schools in Tripoli:

Tripoli International School
www.tripoliinternationalschool.com

GEMS International School
www.internationalschooltripoli.com

The American School of Tripol
Admissions
Email: [email protected]
Cell: +218/91-381-9504         

Deutsche Schule
P.O. Box 6483,
Tripoli

Ecole de la Communaute Francaise
Rua A Yasmine,
El Andalous-Gargaresh,
Tripoli
http://www.lftripoli.org

ISM International School
P.O. Box 860,
Tripoli
Tel: (+218) 21 477-0094
Fax: (+218) 21 477-3185

The British School
www.britishschooltripoli.com
This school was initially set up by the British Embassy (that is why some still refer to it as the Embassy school), but now is run on its own.

Hope this is a help!

Hi bunga raya, there's a handful of malaysian families here in tripoli that might help you out. I'll PM you on who to ask so you would get all the advice you need. 1Malaysia kan? :P