Hope to work in maldives next year

Hi there. ^_^

Everyone loves maldives. So do I. Working in a paradise such as maldives is one of the most envious and desirable things in the world. I am eager to be part of it.

Now I am studying my master degree in beijing,China and will be graduate next January. My major in college is electrical engineering, which seems to be irrelevant to the tourism industry in maldives. Luckily enough, what I have learned in school is more than my major, several essential skills are also included. I am confident that I am competent for a job concerning sales. Since my coutry becomes richer, more and more people begin to travel abroad. Maldives particularly has a phenomenal fame among Chinese people. Judging from that I believe I can find a job opportunity there.

I will surely dedicate my passion, effort, enthusiam to the work in malidves. Because I love maldives, which is a taste of heaven.

In the coming several months, I will try to contact companies there, making use of some job-hunting websites.

Also, your invaluable advice will be highly appreciated.

Best wishes,
Liu Jun

Hi Liu Jun,

if you can communicate well in english i suggest that you seek a job as a guest relations officer, as we have more chinese traveling to maldives, more and more hotels are now seeking for chinese speaking GROs..

www.job-maldives.com is a great tool to find jobs.

hope you succeed

cheers
mooch

Thanks a lot, mooch. As an acitve user and native, you always can give helpful suggestions to those in need.

Before I planed to work in maldives, my goal was to study for another Ph.D degree. But, compared to enjoying work here, studying is no longer important. I will try to search for information on the webiste you've mentioned.

And one more question. Are there many Chinese employees in Maldives? Do you know someone in your social network? What kind of jobs do they usually do?

Thank you very much. Hope to see you there.

Best wishes

I work at a hotel, and yes i do have a few chinese and korean colleagues... (I know its two different countries :) ) they are all working as guest relation officers..

they help chinese and koreans get settles in, organise their vacation, make reservations, and handles their complaints if any..

cheers
mooch