Root Beer

Looking high and low for A&W root beer. So far havent had any luck finding it.

Does anyone know of a supermarket or grocers that stock them?

No A&W here
Also no A&W root beer
Nearest is Sarsi or Xaxi

hELLnoi wrote:

No A&W here
Also no A&W root beer
Nearest is Sarsi or Xaxi

Nice to meet a fellow Malaysian in Saigon! Have you been here long?

Xaxi sucks big time. Will continue my quest to find root beer! Apparently some ppl recommend i go to the western supermarkets in Ham Nghi street. Havent confirmed this yet though..

:thanks:

You can try in Annam Gourmet Market 16-18 Hai Ba Trung str. This market has many US drinks and foods .

Off Ham Nghi, D-1 street there is a narrow alley market street.... the first liquor vendor on the right has A&W root beer.... I didn't see individual cans for sale but he has whole cases. You should be able to see them stacked in front of his stall with cases of Tiger and 333.
If he doesn't have root beer... then chances are someone else in that alley market will.... I am always amazed at the great products they sell there that are otherwise impossible to find in Vietnam.

A&W is an American fast food chain like McDonalds, Wendys or Burger King. However, unlike McDonalds and the likes who are tied with Coke Cola or Pepsi, A&W has their specialty root beer.
http://www.awrestaurants.com

I used to get A&W root beer from Giant supermarkets. There are Giant supermarkets in HCMC but whether they stock A&W root beer (?)
https://www.facebook.com/GiantSupermark … tos_albums

Since you guys are talking about rare products.....

Do any of you happen to know where I could get some pie (dessert pie)?

Please help me! I'm in desperate need! :((

Yep.... saw pie filling at the same place.... but not whole pies.... Gourmet store has pie but it's pricey and looked to me like it has been in that cooler a long time....

Annam Gourmet?

Yes.... saw pumpkin.... Apple and strawberry when I was there last week.... Pastry looked lame and aged.... as much as I craved pumpkin pie I decided to pass.... my advice is to bake your own.... if you have an oven.... I wish I did....

I don't have an oven!! :'( I don't even know anyone who does. "Lame and Aged" is starting to sound pretty good, haha

We had an Embassy party a few weeks ago.... they decided to impress us with good old US apple pie....(for obvious reasons I suppose).... I swear the pastry had "Reebok" stamped on it..... I miss pie too..... such is life in Vietnam.....

Haha, did it taste good? I'm still going to check out Annam...I'm desperate :/

Where are the moderators when you need them?
A&W Roots beer thread has been hijacked by pie lovers...
:offtopic:
i miss steak and kidney pie

Haha, I posted a thread for pie, but no one was responding :(

I figure it's hard to find A&W and it's hella hard to find pie :P

Root beer is a non - alcoholic beverage.... It's a soft drink....

Thanks for all the suggestions! I'll check them all out. Hope to find one which isn't overpriced though..