Job Offer in Kuala lumpur - Need information on salary

Hi all,

I am in IT and have 10 years of experience. I have got a job offer in Kuala Lumpur and they are offering 10000 MYR (Monthly). I have no idea on payscale in malaysia(Kuala Lumpur). Really appreciate if anybody can provide information on this salary.
How much average salary an IT manager / Senior Engineer gets in Kuala Lumpur. 

Do I need to negotiate for more?

Need this information urgently,

Thanks in advance

Hi JozoB!

Welcome to Expat.com!
I hope the other forum members will be able to tell you more about it.

Regards
Armand

Thanks Armand

Hi,

I would recommend you to ask for a tenure n which company r you joining, make sure they keep their words.  Your pay is pretty good bcoz they pay 7k max to exp more than10 yrs.

My husband was told for 2  yrs contract but they amended in 1.6 yrs stating project will over soon.   Take the opportunity n all d best

Khasti

10k is the typical salary for an IT manager here. more importantly, check if u will b able to manage living in kl with that kind of salary. ive made quite a few posts on this topic and u find many others who have made posts too in this blog under cost of living section. are u married and do u have kids? besides accomodation and taxes, schooling will b another big expense.

Hi Carlyle,

Thanks for your reply.
Yes I am married and have 3 year old kid.
Can you suggest what salary should be OK for me to move to KL on this role.

If anybody has any inputs/experience on this, please share.
Your comments are highly welcome.
Thanks

aim for 15k and see if the company agrees.

Just for information asking what is the law in malaysia , if a person gets hired on a permanent role (not malaysian citizen) and is on work permit, can swich to other company in malaysia or can apply for other openings in malaysia.