Any good orthopedic surgeon in Vietnam?

Hi gang,

I used to be a hyperactive type.  About 7 years ago, I sprained my ACL, playing basketball.  Back then, fearful of the knife and thinking that I should scale down on my activities anyway, I put off reconstructive knee surgery, in favor of rehabs and the silly knee brace.  Now, I am afraid that I can't handle them anymore.

Reconstructive knee surgery is a fairly simple procedure, here in the US.  But, in light of recent medical advancements in Vietnam, I wonder if it is as simple there?  I do have quite a bit of things going on in Vietnam, I would much prefer to spend the lengthy rehab period there, if the surgery is as simple.

Any recommendation?  Any good joint doctor that you know or heard of?  Thanks in advance.

Best,
Howie

Hi Howie,

My brother-in-law just had ACL knee surgery done yesterday morning.

He got it done at the BV115, http://www.benhvien115.com.vn/3cms/

I'll let you know how he's doing when I get him on the phone in a few days. Seems to be OK though!

Howie
It is best just cut out the shit, from the knee down then you don't have to worry :lol:.

If you insist on the operations, the best hospital is probably the
Bệnh viện Chấn thương Chỉnh hình TP Hồ Chí Minh
929 Trần Hưng Đạo, Quận 5

In Saigon, the hospitals tend to specialize in different fields and this hospital is on sports injury and restoration.

I don't have a name.

If you can afford it, fly to BKK and have it done in Bumrungrad.

http://www.bumrungrad.com/en/orthopedic … y-thailand

Snake77,

What happened to your brother-in-law?  I hope all will go well for him, regardless.  :thanks:

It will be really cool if you can keep me posted on his progress and his opinion of the procedure.

Best,
Howie

Anatta,

"Cut out the shit"?  So, that is what you think of my "canh vang la ngoc," hey???  :dumbom:

"Probably"?  Dude, I am already good at making bad joints, out of good ones, I don't need any more help in that department.  :mad:

Thailand?  Beautiful little place, with very nice people.  But, I don't want to spend 6 months there, especially on 1 good wheel.

Howie,

He sprained his ACL while playing football...

He's "fine", got out of hospital and back home yesterday. Can't say how things went, guess we have to wait, but it sound OK.

Anyway, he first went to a Dong Nai hospital and they could not see anything with X-ray. Next he went to Tran Hung Dao (the place Anatta wrote about) but there he had to wait for several hrs and got nothing but a "come back again another day" or go to BV115. At BV 115 they do MRI and saw right away where the problem was.

For further details you need to wait a bit, or, if you'd like, I can PM you his cell/phone and you could ask him all the questions you have.

Let me know.

Cheers

Snake77,

So far so good.  He is a long way from recovered, though.  Let's hope that the operation was a success first.  Rehab is what most people dread.

If Vietnam has good facilities, then doing rehab there isn't so bad. 

When I get back, I will definitely want to speak to both of you.  Coffees?  Beers?

I was also wondering how he is going to manage the rehab, hope all goes fine!

Yeah sure, let me know when your out and about town, we'll see what liquid we may need, but I guess no snake-wine...

Snake77,

I think rehab will be good in Vietnam.  It is the procedure itself that I fear there.  I just have not heard much about it, while I was there.  But so far so good.  Let's hope for a full recovery.