Cost of transport from Airport

Hi,

I'm coming to Mauritius in 11 days and I just wondered the transport rate (taxi, bus) from the airport to Port Louis?

Cheers,

Madeleine

Well, there's a quite a lot of taxis waiting for your at the airport ... but they are not the cheapest ones :/ expect to pay roughly 1200~1500 rs

the bus is much cheaper but I am not sure there is a bus at the airport

1800 to 2200 rs.. Go to the parking lot and make a deal with a taxi waiting in the parking lot 1200 to 1400 rs

hi madelene

Hi Madeleine

The mode of transport available would depend on the time of your landing in Mauritius. Should it after 16.00 hours, I would rather advise you not to go by bus, especially if you need to go to Port-Louis, and also if you have much luggage.

Otherwise, the taxi at the airport normally charges higher rates, and would be around the figures indicated.

I presume you have some special purpose for going direct to Port-Louis. You could request the hotel where you would be residing to arrange for picking you.

Cheers

Vayid

When I was taking taxis from the airport, I was paying Rs900 to Quatre Bornes, but a tourist should expect to pay double the local rate.  If you end up paying around Rs1200-1500 you have done well.

If staying at a hotel, ask for a transfer.

Above answers are a bit outdated. So I was wondering, is it possible when arriving at the airport, first buy a local sim card and then phone one of the taxi pickup apps? Or better order my local SIM card ahead of time and then I believe, I have to pick it up at the arrivals somewhere???

I cannot find back the apps that people use to call a local taxi. Can anybody help me with that? Thanks a lot. Only two months to go............ !

@oshudofsky

Hi there, i can bring you in contact with someone we use and trust for dropping off and picking up at airport. 

@oshudofsky

Hi there, I can bring you in contact with someone who always drop us off and pick us up from airport.

@oshudofsky last time I went (July 2022) I picked up a local SIM from the booth just outside the luggage pick up area. It was reasonably priced for tourists, but  think it lasts only one month. I did not use any taxi apps since I had prebooked a rental self drive. As always negotiate prices for a taxi before you let the driver pick up your luggage!

@Madeleine Jonsson

I usually get to the North, Grand Baie for around 2,200 Rs so Port Louis is a 3/4 hour closer to airport so maybe under 1500, just bargin and they come down, they will walk away if you have gone too far.

@gerdak oh that would be great. Then I also know that they are trust worthy. Please send me a prive message.

@Tookays one month would be more then okay as I will only stay for 2,5 weeks (this time haha). I will then indeed buy a SIM at the airport.

Take bus from airport to port Louis,  buy sim here, from port Louis bus and metro , but if luggage 🧳 is there then tough

@oshudofsky

Hi

Google search, airport taxi in mauritius. I booked one from UK, everything can be done  through what's app. Turned up on time. No complaint.

@gsamsoon

Hello, his post was last year (February 2023) he must have found out how to deal with this situation and already left.

I am closing this outdated topic.

Regards

Bhavna

[Topic Closed]

Closed