Update on Permits/Special Passes

Dear Expat Community,

This is to inform you that for about 2 months, Work permits, Citizenship visas, and Permanent Residency visas have been put on hold by the new Immigration Director. As of 23rd of this month, Special Passes and Multi-journey visas have also been put on hold. Additionally, new applications for all the above are currently  not being accepted until further notice.
Let us hope that this will be sorted out soon and that organizations needing the above services will lobby together and make their voices heard.

Regards,
Anne

Hi Anne,

Thank you for this update which will surely help. Can you please mentioned the source where you get these information. :)

Regards,

David.

Immigration Department of Kenya

For all who need to renew their visas, I highly recommend involving your embassies or letting them know about the situation since the new director of immigration has not given any reason as to why she has halted issuance of permits.

Would it be a solution meanwhile to look at handling of such things at their office in Mombasa? Or does it concern not only the office in Nbo?

Hi,where is posible renewal entry permit, is realy truth that only in Nairobi,today I be in Mombasa in immogration ofice and dont like make me no applicatio,this is not first time, i have this from 2009 this year I make in Mombasa-them sent in Nairobi i ge cek then i pay in put me in my passaport, last year I make in Nairobu becaue I needed this realy urgent but sent me after 2 months, I call them much times but I get only answer wait we sent and realy sentt but this dont be valid because in 2 weeks is must pay and i pay another times....
This is not ok,Is realy that only make this in Nairobi,mthanx

Thanks for the update. Can you advise any particular website where one can access up to date information/advice regarding work permits/residency/visas etc? I have referred to the Department of Immigration website, but that is not telling me anything about the changes. Thanks in advance.

It is better to call the immigration department in order to get up-to-date information. Otherwise, there is an organization known as FHL that you can e-mail for updates; here is their link: fathershandltd.wordpress.com/about-us-2/immigration-services/

Hi,

Anne-Sharon has this hold been lifted? we need to renew our class H business permit do you know if this is currently possible and the process involved? thanks

Hi Immigration has resumed.

Webdever,

There's an honest organization that I know that deals with lots of immigration queries; contact them on email [email protected]