Romantic Restaurant in Saigon?

I'm looking for recommendations on a restaurant with decent food/romance in Saigon for a special occasion. 

Preferably in the district 1 or 3 area.   

Maybe Italian?  Steaks?

I really like a restaurant called the Hoi Ann on the main street there in district one.
Sorry, don't remember the road. Its really high quality VN food. Lovely setting too
and have three pretty grils playing traditional VN music. Always eat there my first night
in HCMC. If you are taking a Vina girl out she probably wont like western food anyway.

Good luck! :-)

Le Jardin, 31 Thái Văn Lung. It's a French place with amazing steaks and wine.

La Brasserie de Saigon, 38 Dong Du. Again quite French, but awesome steaks, lamb chops, pork belly etc.

Scott and Binh's (in D7) but very personal service, they'll change anything on the menu for you.

4Ps Pizza 8/15 Le Thanh Ton Street - probably the best pizza I've had in HCM, owned by Japanese (and you might need to reserve a table).

Cirrus - 52nd floor of Bitexco Tower. Expensive but incredible food and views.

All but 4P's and Cirrus have outside seating, and every girl loves to eat by candlelight..

Save your money.  Grab a bottle of Da Lat wine, one red rose, some cheese and bread, then take her to the park.

With me, the best romantic is: the Bf  cook & prepare the dinner for us with candles, classic music, nice smell from oils burn by lamp, flowers.....It will bring more meaning.

I think if the girl whom really love you, she will so happy....And if she feel normal even she like restaurant more...im not sure she in love with u....

Yuli

try lemmon grass

I would recommend Basilico at Interncontinental Hotel. They have nice Italian food and good T-bone steak. It not in the menu but if you ask, it always have a good one :)

fender22 wrote:

I really like a restaurant called the Hoi Ann on the main street there in district one.
Sorry, don't remember the road. Its really high quality VN food. Lovely setting too
and have three pretty grils playing traditional VN music. Always eat there my first night
in HCMC. If you are taking a Vina girl out she probably wont like western food anyway.

Good luck! :-)

Fender22

Should ask them first before making achoice. i get well with western food :))))

Thanks for the suggestions.  I need to take her for a dinner out, we eat at home all the time.  I'll check out these places tonight.

AlexSarah wrote:

Le Jardin, 31 Thái Văn Lung. It's a French place with amazing steaks and wine.

La Brasserie de Saigon, 38 Dong Du. Again quite French, but awesome steaks, lamb chops, pork belly etc.

Scott and Binh's (in D7) but very personal service, they'll change anything on the menu for you.

4Ps Pizza 8/15 Le Thanh Ton Street - probably the best pizza I've had in HCM, owned by Japanese (and you might need to reserve a table).

Cirrus - 52nd floor of Bitexco Tower. Expensive but incredible food and views.

All but 4P's and Cirrus have outside seating, and every girl loves to eat by candlelight..

Good stuff.

Ancientpathos and Yuli_nguyen are right!
Many girls like movie style dinner and outing :D
But someone really want to live with you never like these kinds of money wasting! She just think how to live simply for a long life!

Prem Charma

Charmavietnam
Maybe he is making plan for his big day - propose? Who know.let him try :) they need some romantic to remark their special event. don't bring the painful reality to them. :))

christine thuy wrote:

Charmavietnam
Maybe he is making plan for his big day - propose? Who know.let him try :) they need some romantic to remark their special event. don't bring the painful reality to them. :))

:D:D:D
"When we laugh so many people join; there is only our shadow when we cry"

rooftop of centec tower on 72 nguyen thi minh khai. romantic restaurant (inside and outside), nice view.....

I'll defer to the Authority on this (the missus).

When I first asked, she immediately said "La Villa". I said, "not in district 2", and she promptly replied "Le Jardin".

The service at Le Jardin is somewhat patchy and disengaged, but the food and setting more than make up for it.

Hi,

I will also recommend La Brasserie, specially since they changed the menu, it's the best value ever!
Otherwise, Cirrus of course, with the fantastic view, or Ly Club for the decor or  even Temple Club.
Enjoy your romantic evening!

What's the new menu like? Might be an excuse to visit again :D

Amy Amaya wrote:

... or Ly Club for the decor...

Ah yes, excellent decor, good food, and reasonably good cocktails at the Ly Club. I wouldn't really classify it as romantic, though, a bit too loud (in both noise and colour) for that.

AlexSarah wrote:

What's the new menu like? Might be an excuse to visit again :D

Actually when they opened it was a bit pricey for me, now there's a set menu at 300k, and if my memory serves me well, last time i've been there, for 2 with a very decent wine, we paid around 700k/head.
I'm more into fish and seafood, so i just remember the fish to share, and the oysters which are amazing.

Thank you so much for all suggestions! I dined out a few place in Vietnam but not so many coz I live oversea most of the time.

I think, couples should dine out ( best romantic, nice view, pay more rest...)  at least 1 time (in a year ) or even more ( to those have luxury living ). When you're already got married, you must make your better half even more happy by bringing her/him to a best restaurant to celebrate your married anniversary or birthday or Valentine ... Only to those can not afford or being stingy like what CHARMAVIETNAM said :" But someone really want to live with you never like these kinds of money wasting. She just think how to live simply for a long life". Old people saying :" One man meat, to another poison". My husband & I engaged for 3 yrs then married 2 yrs now. But then we still dine out at least 1 every month...
So Charmavietnam, do you think that I don't want to live with my husband for a long life?

Mylanrose Nguyen.

I don't know what relationship with you and the OP  :)
Seems you are too busy. Yeah, you are replying in a post after 1 year!
You didn't catch my point completely dear  :)
May be you need 1 more year to do that, I think.

Mylanrose Nguyen wrote:

So Charmavietnam, do you think that I don't want to live with my husband for a long life?
Mylanrose Nguyen.

OMG Bar rooftop- 15-17 Nguyen An Ninh dist1
It has very nice view to Ben Thanh mk and dis1, i just had the "love-declaration" of my coleague there. Unfortunately i dont like him but i love that place so much :p

Btw, good luck to you ;)

Poor guy (or khung?)  :)
Waste money and broke heart!

QuynnTr wrote:

I just had the love-declaration of my coleague there. Unfortunately i dont like him but i love that place so much :p

charmavietnam wrote:

Poor guy (or khung?)  :)
Waste money and broke heart!

QuynnTr wrote:

I just had the love-declaration of my coleague there. Unfortunately i dont like him but i love that place so much :p

Oh, man! You never have fallen in love with any girl : :o ?

Love is blind. Sometimes we cant understand why someone is crazy because he/she felt in love! I always said with some Viet men, if you love someone, pls tell them as soon as posible. Or you lost them soon, or you lost your life! Because you will spend much time to love her, but maybe you need much more time to forget her!

I have a friend. He loved a girl when they were students. Once day, she got married. After seeing her husband, he said with her: luckily for you, I didnt flirt you, so now you have a handsome man! And that night, he drunk so much... Sometimes, he called her, about 30mins - 1 hour, to talk - she couldnt stop him talking... Somtimes, 1-2 years, they see each other, with many friends, when she was on the way, he couldnt call her. When saw her, he said: "You make me worry so much, I want to crazy"... And sometimes, he said "you look like my sister!'. She only smiled...

After 6 years, she got divorce. He is still single. She doesnt talk with him anything. But his older sister know everything...

He call her many times, even 10pm, he only want to see her. But she doesnt want see him, she know she doesnt love him. Finally, she agree to see him, but she doesnt talk to him much, only hold her mobile, to do something... He asked her, go to restaurant to eat something? No. Go to somewhere to eat fastfood? No. Wait me to go together? No...

About 13 years for loving a person. I dont know how many years to forget?

I dont know why, because I dont think I can love someone like that. Hic hic hic :(!

You want to lost some money to stop hoping, or you want to lost many years of youth  :whistle: ?

Nga em!
No, actually I don't understand what is 'love'  :)
Your definition of 'love' and mine is totally different  :)
If we start a discussion about that topic, we may go too far... sometimes, off topic too!
I know you have better (or bitter?) experience in these fields!