Thinking of moving, cost of living

Hello, I have been given the opportunity to work in Bahrain and from what I have heard about the country so far I am very excited by the prospect. I am however wary of the cost of living and whether or not the package I am being offered is reasonable to live comfortably and save a bit of cash.

I am being offered 930BHD plus 475BHD accomodation allowance plus medical insurance and car allowance. I have searched the internet and seem to be getting conflicting stories, some seem to think this is no where near enough whilst others think it is good. Can anyone please offer any advice on whether this is reasonable and would I be able to save cash?

Also what is the social scene like in Bahrain for a 26 year old single male? Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks

John

Hey John,

Hi there ! I've too received an offer from an MNC in Bahrain, equally excited about the prospects in this new country. Been workin in muscat for couple of years now and really lookin forward to this exciting new challenge. What i've heard from friends and acquaintances in bahrain is that, 475 - 550 should be good enough to get you a decent 1 bhk furnished apartment at an up market locale and inclusive of pretty much all amentities i.e. net, water, electricity....
My package is around 550 BHD plus 300 housing plus medical insurance, car allowances....
with regards to the social scene, i've heard some really good things about bahrain and its nightlife....n ofcourse m a huge F1 fan so that should be a plus...:)

DO let me know if u get any more info on the subject

Cheers,

Hassan

The Flat rents in Bahrain have increased in recent months.It can cost from 300-550 BD depending on a 2-3 Bedroom flats (non-furnished) and locality.

greetings to all.

im traveling to Bahrain for a 3 day biz trip and im trying to find a hotel.

the area should be the biz district probably close to the exchange, financial harbour, Bahrain investment wharf, etc.

any help is appreciated.

@maximize: as a common courtesy do not hijack others threads. why dont you just start one of your own and this way you are sure to get better responses.

btw: i also heard that the hotels in bahrain does not welcome thread hijackers on the bahraini forum here.

I ahave been in Bahrain for past 8 months and i gues till the time u are single and need clubbing and pubbing may be twice a month you have a decent offer in hand... it aso depends on what you are earning at the moment and how often do you wish to visit yr friends/family back home.

i guess u should go for it..

Rent prices have gone down in past 6 months in Bahrain. If living near the more expat places are you're thing, you can look at Juffair or even Seef. 450 - 650 BHD would get you a decent medium to upscale 1  to 2 BHK fully furnished in either of these areas (including utilities, housekeeping, gym and pool). Suggest you keep your workplace in mind when choosing.
As for saving cash, very possible. But also dependent on your social life... and that can get pretty expensive.