What are the documents needed to issue emplyment visa in oman?

Dear members.

Pls help me as i am very anxious now.
I had sent my cv to an civil engineering company ( sahil martoub trading, muscut) and they accepted it. Then they sent me a detailed offer letter and asked me to return it after signing in. i did. whole these process where not done directly with the oman company, but through hr of a Mumbai mechanical engineering company with work contracts in muscut. then they asked me to complete oman embassy attedtation and GAMCA medical. Then i gave them following documents to courier to muscut.
1. original medical report
2. copy of passport
3. copy of appostille attested b.tech certificate
4. copy of consolidated mark list
5. copy of plus two certificate (not embassy attested. but HRD done)
6. copy of s.s.l.c certificate (embassy attestation not done, HRD done)
7. copy of experience certificate
8. C.V
9. 15 no.s of passport size photos with sky blue back ground.
-
At first they demanded to send them original certificates, when I refused they asked me to send a copy with attestation. when i answered that only original certificate can b attested, they agreed it's enough. Also at first they demanded to do embassy attestation in all certificates, but when i told i have done only in degree certificate, they agreed.

The hr compny need 15000 rupees as documentation charge which i need to pay only on the day of departure. They kept my original passport with them too. The representative told me that visa is sure, it's bcz of that they asked to do the medicals. so i resigned from my current job and waiting for visa.
Now it passed more than two weeks and there is no update from them. I was contacting them through mail and there is no reply for my mail now.
pls help me.
Is visa sure for me? how long it will take to complete the visa processing for me? what are the documents needed for issuing visa? should i try for any other job here or should i wait here? I am very anxious about the matters. pls do help me.

Till you get your employment visa in hand, your getting it is not sure.

I notice that so many people in their anxiety to shift to Oman are making some grave mistakes : resigning from their current jobs hoping that the visa will come almost immediately; handing over their original educational and other certificates; handing over their passports to agents, etc.

To all of you who are planning to move to Muscat, please do not let go of any of your original documents. God forbid, should any get misplaced, or even worse lost, to get a duplicate would be near next to impossible.

Just imagine, if your original degree certificate gets lost, how hard it will be for you to get a duplicate done. Innumerable trips to the college, requisitions to be written, signatures taken, attestations done, university visits, submission ... each of these stages would involve weeks, if not months of constant follow-ups.

It sure is much easier and simpler to avoid all of these hassles first even before anything adverse happens. Remember, prevention is always better than cure.

If the company you are joining is a well-established and fair practices follower, then they will never ask for any of your original documents, until you join them. If you are going through unscrupulous agents and middlemen then you stand at a very great risk.

Stay safe. The onus is on you.

But sir, But the source of my offer is much trustworthy and the recruting company is a well establushed mechanical engineering company. one of their major project is pipe line works of kochin shipyard. And the offer letter from the oman company seems to be authentic. package is very small one. 230 OMR only. but company will provide accomodation, transportation and laundry. Food, internet, phone bill etc are to be met by me. howmuch these will costs? can i save 175 OMR each month? my life style is not much costly. Also more than salary i prefer experience since middle east experience is much valuable in the field of civil engineering and also salary is very low for unexperienced civil engineers.

But sir, But the source of my offer is much trustworthy and the recruting company is a well establushed mechanical engineering company. one of their major project is pipe line works of kochin shipyard. And the offer letter from the oman company seems to be authentic. package is very small one. 230 OMR only. but company will provide accomodation, transportation and laundry. Food, internet, phone bill etc are to be met by me. howmuch these will costs? can i save 175 OMR each month? my life style is not much costly. Also more than salary i prefer experience since middle east experience is much valuable in the field of civil engineering and also salary is very low for unexperienced civil engineers.

Monthly parcel service would cost about R.O. 30/- (+ / -) per month for 3 meals a day.

Unlimited 3G internet downloads would cost about R.O. 24/- or thereabouts per month. 4G would be much more expensive.

Phone usage would be as you use. Pre-paid; post-paid etc.

These are only ballpark figures. For specifics you must invest some time in reading through the numerous informative posts that can be found on the 'Cost of Living in Muscat' forum here https://www.expat.com/forum/577-22-cost … uscat.html

Good luck.

Dear Mr. Sumitran,
I usually see the posts of the people who inquire about the cost of living. Don't you feel there is a huge huge difference in the salaries of the people (Especially professionals) from different countries. I so wonder about the silent increase of groceries, living costs compared to the salaries. And yet people accept the offers which (to some people) are not even considerable.

Sometimes i really don't understand this delima... any light on it ???

schaz wrote:

Dear Mr. Sumitran,
I usually see the posts of the people who inquire about the cost of living. Don't you feel there is a huge huge difference in the salaries of the people (Especially professionals) from different countries. I so wonder about the silent increase of groceries, living costs compared to the salaries. And yet people accept the offers which (to some people) are not even considerable.

Sometimes i really don't understand this delima... any light on it ???

Dear schaz,

To each his own, I guess !

Yes, what you are saying is absolutely true. Many expatriates are willing to settle for meagre salaries, as perhaps they don't even make that much back home - from wherever they come from.

True, there is also a huge disparity in the salary structures even between professionals, with similar educational and experience backgrounds, but coming from different cultures and countries.

For example, an Asian (Indian, Pakistani, Sri Lankan) Engineer would get paid much lesser than what his European counterpart with a very similar background would get paid, sadly within the same organisation !

This is exactly how it works even with those in the teaching profession as well. And in fact, in almost every other sector and industry in the Sultanate. Yes, it certainly is a gross human rights violation, as differences are made based on skin colour and nationality ! But that's the way it is and that's the way it will continue in the near future. This is a deep-seated malady, the roots of which run truly deep ... maybe even to the bygone 'master-slave' colonial mentality days !

Yeah it truly depends on what you are earning back in your home country.

But some salaries are really very small. From outside it looks that if acco is paid everything is alright. But think abt cost of transportation for people who can't own a car because of small salary or getting driving license. I guess things might be really difficult for some here.

Hi Brother,

I got offer letter from Oman they asking for GAMCA  medical report attested with Oman Embassy and Indian Embassy.
Please assist me wat and all documents required for Oman embassy attestation .

Please help me