Any advice on geting my legal title for my condo

`Greetings to all you wiser than I expats.

I have a problem.

I purchased a condo unit in Las Pinas near SM South Mall 5 years ago. I bought it unfinished as I am a retired architect so I wanted to finish it myself to my taste. The owner/developer (Goldland) saw how nice the finished unit was going to be so tried to tell me the sale was void for some nonlogical reason. When I got angry (wonder why) I was then visited by the original selling agent who tells me that the price has gone up!! Anyway, it took alot of arguing back and forth and finally they left me alone.

But I never received the original title for the unit from Goldland - I was told that I would have to get it myself. But how? They told me I would have to go here and then go there and then go there.....on and on. They did send me after many phone calls a signed (with their stamp) letter that stated that I had paid for the unit in full and I was now the owner. I have been paying the tax but the name of the owner in the tax office is still Goldland.

So my question oh wise ones - is the developer obligated under law to provide the legal titled document? Or are they correct and I must get it myself?

If I must get the legal title myself does anyone recommend an honest lawyer to guide me through the complicated process? Or does anyone know the process and can dumb down the process requirements enough so even I can understand?

Thanks to all who would take the time to help a fellow expat.

Cheers.

Mabuhay Philippines (good Lack)!!

haha!! I know what you are thinking............."another dumb assed expat!!" Well you are right!!

gonta wrote:

`Greetings to all you wiser than I expats.

I have a problem.

I purchased a condo unit in Las Pinas near SM South Mall 5 years ago. I bought it unfinished as I am a retired architect so I wanted to finish it myself to my taste. The owner/developer (Goldland) saw how nice the finished unit was going to be so tried to tell me the sale was void for some nonlogical reason. When I got angry (wonder why) I was then visited by the original selling agent who tells me that the price has gone up!! Anyway, it took alot of arguing back and forth and finally they left me alone.

But I never received the original title for the unit from Goldland - I was told that I would have to get it myself. But how? They told me I would have to go here and then go there and then go there.....on and on. They did send me after many phone calls a signed (with their stamp) letter that stated that I had paid for the unit in full and I was now the owner. I have been paying the tax but the name of the owner in the tax office is still Goldland.

So my question oh wise ones - is the developer obligated under law to provide the legal titled document? Or are they correct and I must get it myself?

If I must get the legal title myself does anyone recommend an honest lawyer to guide me through the complicated process? Or does anyone know the process and can dumb down the process requirements enough so even I can understand?

Thanks to all who would take the time to help a fellow expat.

Cheers.

Maybe you could pay off the local barangay officials to help you get the document...I would think their pressure might make things happen as long as you have the receipts proving it was paid in full and receipts for upgrades on the unit...ONLY A THOUGHT...WORKED IN KOREA...