Függöny (curtains)

Hi, everybody! Where I can buy cotton,linen curtains?

Seems that the market is full of curtains 100% polyester...terrible material.

And horrible fire hazard as well.

You can always buy the material by the meter, and sew it yourself or pay someone to do it.

Hi
Did you get an answer? We are moving to our house in July and were thinking about getting curtains to bring with us from UK because my HU wife reckons we can't buy lined curtains in Hungary.
Is this true? What did you end up doing?
Thanks

I bought mine in ikea.. Cotton  and cotton velvet and they also have linen ones.  They are the only place that has super long ones too and fabrics. They also have a making up service.
They were cheaper in the uk January sales. But I also bought some in Hungary.

Diego Budapest - They have other branches in Hungary.

http://www.diego.hu/keresesi-talalatok? … gg%C3%B6ny

As szocske said four years ago, you can go to a seamstress or custom curtain store and have any curtain made here of any material you wish, and it is still rather inexpensive (even if they have to special order the material for you). That is one of the great things (still) of Hungary. Take advantage of it as long as you can while the opportunity still exists. Having custom curtains is much nicer, IMHO, than buying something mass produced off the shelf made in China (and yes, I know much of the cloth even for custom curtains is often still made in China).

Thank you for this. Yes anything can be made I suppose. We have found some lovely ready made at Laura Ashley and they have a sale this weekend. If we need then shortening we can get that done in Veszprem.
Leaving in 9 weeks....  😀

Thanks for the idea 😊

We've found some at Laura Ashley and they have a sale this weekend. Will decide tomorrow.
Thanks 😊

jdbm1959 wrote:

If we need then shortening we can get that done in Veszprem.   😀

I see you are based in Kapolcs. For what it is worth, there is a curtain store in Tapolca that makes custom curtains and can also surely shorten existing ones.

I nearly added "and in Tapolca" but hadn't googled shops in Tapolca. Tapolca has most things, you're right.

I mostly don't have curtains as I close the roller shutters instead. I found it impossible to get curtains with rufflette tape for the old type curtain rail, they only sell them with loops or eyes to go on poles. Given the high ceilings in Hungary it would be good to have drawstring curtains but they seem to be a thing of the past. In one room I have to stand on a chair to draw the curtains, as the loops are barely big enough for my wooden pole and the pole is so high up.

fidobsa wrote:

Given the high ceilings in Hungary it would be good to have drawstring curtains but they seem to be a thing of the past.

http://www.anrodiszlec.hu/index.php/cPath/86_95