Rent cheap apartment

Hi!

Im moving to Istanbul the 20th of April. Im going to stay there for 3 months or more and I dont know how to find a cheap apartment in central Istanbul. I want to find an 1 bedroom (studio) for about 300-400 euros per month. Does anyone know where?

Very thankful for help!!

Laura

Hi Laura! Try the Turkey classifieds > accommodation.

Good luck.

Hi Laura,

You can find something of low to med. quality for that money in the central parts of Istanbul. However, you need to be careful as most flats of any good standard you are looking at 1000 -1400tl plus bills ...unfurnished . If you go to fairly safe areas that are not  crime infested or loud areas that's the average price. Yes, you might get lucky and find cheaper but it's going to be hard to rent for that rate for SHORT TERM and furnished.

Be careful please as my first week in Turkey I stayed near Taksim and was pick pocketed  and mugged in the space of a two week period. I've lived here now for 7 plus years. You are talking about  300-400 Euros per month. That being said that's about 1000 TL which can find you area like Sisli, 4th Levent (dort), Mecidikoy ... maybe Osmanbey and some shady parts of Taksim.

You can find a very nice place for that money in the suburbs or further out of the city center. Keep in mind Studios are hard to find in Turkey and those that do have them tend to make them pricey for the "yabanci" like us. If you are only staying for a couple of months you will find it hard to find a place to rent you a nice flat alone on that budget as it is a short term stay.

You might get lucky and find a sublet but nothing for certain and any normal person with a decent flat is going to expect a deposit to cover the security of their belongings . Why not look to share a nice flat with someone on craigslist or just landed. You will have a "guide" of sorts and possibly feel more safety and still maintain your privacy and living standards. Just my two cents canim. Ok, I'm rambling as it's early in the morning.

Cat

Hi Cat, thanks for willing to help other members, but this is a very old thread "2010".;)

Do not hesitate to browse through the forum and to participate.

Harmonie.

[Moderated: please post in the Housing section]

Hello Cat,Thank you for the good help. I really needed such an updated info. Cheers