Ahlan Jordan

Has anyone studies at Ahlan Jordan and have information about the school? Thanks

Hi okie1,

Welcome to Expat-Blog :)

Hope you will get the informations you are after soon :)

Thank you

Maximilien
Expat-blog Team

There is NO curriculum or method for teaching beginners in Jordanian Dialect (Ammiya) at Ahlan Jordan. The center is not just lacking qualified language "teachers," but there seems to be a lack common sense.
During the last week of Ahlan's advertised 4 week course, we spent 2 days trying to read and translate misspelled Past-tense Facebook posts written by Syrians. Then, the “teacher” spent the next two days going over past-tense verb conjugation. The opposite of logic.
The "administrative staff" at Ahlan Jordan is a good representation of this center: Highly unprofessional and clearly lack any training or experience in administration.

It's worth mentioning that this center, and the willfully incompetent people in it, DO NOT represent Jordan or the people of Amman. You can meet amazing friends on conversation exchange or other tandems that are much better at teaching and helping you develop your Arabic.  I loved Amman and  Jordan as a whole,  this center does not represent either.I heard some good things about Ali Baba International Center and the Jordan Language Academy while I was there.

HI jlfranky87,

Thank you for the information you provided but the question is dated since 2013.

Regards,
Naomi

Naomi wrote:

HI jlfranky87,

Thank you for the information you provided but the question is dated since 2013.

Regards,
Naomi

eagel eyes  :lol: