Hi all,new member here :-) Coming 1st time this Sept. for 1 month

I'm Andrew and boy am I glad I found this site!I already feel wiser :-) Looking to come to Heredia for 1st time to scout things out for at least 1 month this Sept.Anticipating a full time expat lifestyle soon to follow.I'm 51,semi retired,and seeking guidance as I want to hopefully rent long term this 1st go around for no more than $500.00 per month U.S all inclusive.If someone could possibly use my many talents as a 30 year experienced home remodeler/property manager...I'd be very open to meeting up and discussing their specific needs as well while I'm there,but this comes 2nd to me wanting to explore and get a feel for the several surrounding areas in prep. for the big move.

Any worldly wisdom or contact info. about affordable,safe accomodations in the area and what to do about car rental would be greatly appreciated.Thanks in advance and I feel honored to be a member of this online community of explorer/adventurers.

Warm regards,Andrew

Hi Andrew,

Welcome to expat-blog!

Feel free to post an advert in the Housing in Heredia section, this might be helpful.

Thank you,

David.

Hi Andrew
Pity I did not see your ad earlier ,I have Just what you are looking for on my gorgeous 3 acres just 10 mins from Heredia with high speed internet and cable T.V. wired.. I am about to place an ad here in the classified section I hope you get to see it and yes i could do a trade low rent for little help.
Contact me at
[Moderated: Please send numbers in private]
Glad you found this GREAT site which I barely have time to check as I am selling a lot of my belongings..
All the Best and WWelcome to Lovely HEREDIA :)
Debbie

You do realize that you cannot work here "right"?  You can open a business and hire Tico employees, but to legally work here is a nightmare or almost impossible.  Why would you want to work for $5. per hour anyway?  You can find a home for $500. per month, but do not expect it to be in a gated community with a guard for that price, it will be a Tico style home for sure.  I think you better do more homework before you come here.