Da Nang or Nha Trang to retire

Hi,

I am a VK looking to retire in Da nang (DN) or Nha trang (NT).

I am not looking for works just to retire an enjoy life with no kid ( school and jobs is not a factor for me )

My preference now is DN. Nice large city more space, light traffic, property is cheaper than NT (I think), Bay beach has nice view but dirty with trash at low tide, East beach is clean, grocery is cheap, Airport is near, Hue and Hoi an is around the corner for extra activities. Can have (or need) a car in future due to distance.

NT is smaller city, more expensive real estate, airport is 25Km away ( could be a pain if you travel alot), beach are clean, Food taste is closer to the south region (my favor). Closer to Saigon by road. Dalat is next door. street is smaller. Can get away with scooter.

Please share your experiences pro & con ( weather, entertainment, doctor/hospital, shopping, market, food, real estate, cost of living, crime, whatever in your mind,  etc...)

Thanks.

da nang is the best choice

I don't know Nha Trang but I am currently living a semi-retired life on the beach halfway between Da Nang and Hoi An and I love it here.  The beach is excellent, food is fresh, airport access is easy with new international flights being added all the time.  There is an American dentist with modern clinic, a branch of the Family Medical Clinic, and a branch of Classic Fine Foods which sells high quality first-world gourmet meats, cheeses, etc.  Da Nang has excellent infrastructure and having Hoi An and Hue so accessible certainly reduces the boredom factor.  I ended up here after a random remark from a Vietnamese in New York City who claimed that Hoi An was the best place in the world to retire.  So far I don't disagree...

I like Danang for retire, like Nha Trang for travel.