Typhoid in Colombo?

dear all, i will be traveling with my kid through sri lanka next week and will stay a few days in Colombo. Is it a lot of typhoid cases in the capital lately?
the reason i'm so worried about it is because i got typhoid few months ago in Bali and dont want it to happen to my kid.
we will stay in a hotel in Colombo so will be eating out mostly - is it safe to dine in restaurants? many thanks in advance!
Lana

As far as I know there is no typhoid here but there is a vaccine if you want to be sure.

thank you!

I also do not think there is typhoid in Colombo.

There is dengue, though. Best precaution is to ensure you and your kids are safe from mosquitoes. Use some good mosquito repellents. You can also rub some local camphorated balms (eg., Siddhalepa). The strong smell keeps mosquitoes away.

As with any other part of the world use your intution to decide if a place is safe or not. It is generally safe to eat out in Colombo.

Have a great and enjoyable stay.

Hi Farhaz,

Thank you for your contribution :)

Maximilien
Expat-blog Team

many thanks to all!

Not to mention at all, Maximilien and Lanabyko. Please do let us know if you have more questions.

Hi, There are no known typhoid cases in Colombo for last few years. Food is quite safe in reputed restaurants and hotels. However my advise is to use bottled water for drinking purposes. Wish you a pleasant stay in Colombo.