Moving to Beverley, East Yorkshire............?

Hey....

Well; I'm sure the answer to my questions are already out there, but I can't find them, so..........

Here is my background.

I'm looking to move to Beverley, East Yorkshire.........around the first of 2014.

I'm an American and receive Social Security for my income along with a private retirement fund. 

With this info........

What kind of VISA do I need to get?  Is it hard to get?

And........basically......What do I need to DO or KNOW before I move there?

I'm a 59 yr old male that just wants a nice, quiet, safe place in a village/town - such as Beverley.......to just live out my life there.  I don't care about "partying", etc......I just like to walk myself and dog........read......watch movies......do volunteer work......have a glass or two of wine each night......And just do nothing.......

With this said.............Any info you could give me about moving there and the logistics; I'd truly appreciate it....

And......not having a car; I'd really like to live at the center of town for shopping, etc........And; public transportation is a must.......Other than that; I really don't require much.....

Rick

Hello Rick. :)

So as to make it more visible, your post has been moved to the Yorkshire forum.

Do not hesitate to read the articles in the England participative guide.

Thank you,
Aurélie

Hi Rick, Are you engaged to a British person? If so, you need to apply for a fiance visa. If not, I don't think it is possible for you to move to the UK as there is no such thing as a retirement visa anymore.

Seriously?

Even if I have adequate income?

Wow........If so; thanks for the "heads up"......That will change everything........

Rick