Koh samui and visa question?

Other than flying, what is the best way to get from bangkok to koh samui? I am taking an TESOL course there next month.  I plan on traveling by bus through Cambodia.  Can a US citizen get a 30 day visa for Thailand at the border?

ancientpathos wrote:

Other than flying, what is the best way to get from bangkok to koh samui? I am taking an TESOL course there next month.  I plan on traveling by bus through Cambodia.  Can a US citizen get a 30 day visa for Thailand at the border?

Visa question, 15 days visa exempt entry for land entry - 30 days arriving by air.

You might like to read this article I wrote on travel alternatives to Koh Samui.

Bangkok to Koh Samui

Enjoy your course.

Thanks, guess I will fly to bkk just fo the 30 day visa.

As a foreigner you can own the building but not the land it sits on. You can buy a condominium or unit as expats are entitled to.

Property any where in Thailand is only worth as much a people want to spend.

I suspect you have been checking out all the websites with glossy pics and a great narrative. There is a market but it is by no means lucrative.

A lot of paperwork and cost involved in purchasing property in Thailand.

I suggest you do an online Google search regarding the ins and outs of property purchasing in Thailand.

Remember the saying 'buyer beware'

stumpy wrote:

As a foreigner you can own the building but not the land it sits on. You can buy a condominium or unit as expats are entitled to.

Property any where in Thailand is only worth as much a people want to spend.

I suspect you have been checking out all the websites with glossy pics and a great narrative. There is a market but it is by no means lucrative.

A lot of paperwork and cost involved in purchasing property in Thailand.

I suggest you do an online Google search regarding the ins and outs of property purchasing in Thailand.

Remember the saying 'buyer beware'

Stumpy, sound advice. However I suspect that jeny123verma is selling(or trying to promote) something :cool: