Looking for a IT role, expat from London. Advice needed

Hi All,

I hope this is the correct area to post, if not then apologies.

I am seeking advice on getting a Job out in Bangkok and the best way to do this.

Currently I am a British national from London, England and am looking to move to Bangkok to work. I have worked professionally for a leading IT Software company within the UK for the last 2 years within Business consulting/ Analysis/ Sales /Business Development/Business Intelligence and CRM and am now looking to utilise my experience and start abroad where my passion exists.
Along with this experience I have worked in numerous roles and have gained many skills and attributes which i believe would make me a candidate to consider.

I was hoping to understand the best places to look, perhaps key recruitment offices to contact, any key websites to maximise my chances. If anyone has any advice or has been in a similar situation before, I would really appreciate your contact.

Thanks,
Markus

hi Markus,

Unfortunately, I can't help you much about the jobs but I wish you could find them soon :)
there're many people who can help you, just wait for the next posts!:)

Hi Markus,

Welcome to Expat-Blog :)

If you are looking for work in those sectors I suggest you post an advert or you resume in theBusiness services jobs in Bangkok section and maybe the Marketing, PR and advertising jobs in Bangkok please. It might help :)

I'm sure you get more positive informations from the other members of Expat-Blog ;)

Best of luck and keep it up :D

Thank you

Maximilien
Expat-blog Team

I suggest you do an online search for IT companies working in Thailand and approach them.
Or search for IT jobs in Asia. You could base yourself in Thailand and work from there.

Have you considered setting up your own online company which you could run from Thailand. You could target Vietnam, Laos and Cambodia as well. Laos is growing and may have long term potential.

Thanks for the help on this. I guess approaching the IT companies is a good idea, perhaps the online business once I know more about the markets and ideas.

Most multinational companies tend to ask to apply to country of origin also which is very frustrating especially when i am extremely keen to make the move asap.

Any other help would be brilliant.

Regards