Looking for work and friends in Oslo

My name is Eva, 18 and I'm from Romania.
I speak fluent English and a little Japanese (basics). I am looking for a part time or full time job in a restaurant, like dish washing, cook help, disposal, etc, things that don't require me to speak Norwegian.
I am also a good at traditional art like drawing and if I could find a job on that it would be great.
I am currently learning Norwegian language by myself. I wanted to ask, after I manage to speak Norwegian on a medium level, will it be easier for me to find a job ?
Also, is it possible for me to sign up for school (high school grade 12) if my parent doesn't have a norwegian personal number?
thanks

Hi spinturri,

Welcome to expat-blog!

As a job seeker i would suggest you to post in the Hotel, catering, bar, restaurant and tourism jobs in Oslo, this might be helpful.

I would advise you to read topics on the Oslo forum, you might get some useful information. :)

Thank you,

David.

Hey,

No you cannot join the school system here without your parents being legal residents and paying taxes in Norway (if we speak of high school - vidergående skole). For university, the residence status of your parents have not influence. you can apply as any foreigner from the EU.