Jobs in Gibraltar?

Hello!

My name is Glen, I recently just moved here from England and I live in La Linea but I am looking for a job in Gibraltar. I was wondering if anyone know's of any jobs that are going, I am out and about in the high streets and constantly posting my C.V around wherever I see necessary!

I have been living here for two weeks and I am giving it until October before I head back.

I have applied for Various jobs in the area, but I work in the Warehouse business mainly, I have picked and packed and unloaded deliveries off forklifts! I am sure something will come up but I just need some help!

Thank you,

Glen.

Have you tried the construction companies for labouring jobs?  Ah.  You live in La Linea.

The govt/employment office is clamping down on Spanish residents getting jobs in Gib when there are Gibbos unemployed.  We know of a few Spaniards who have been turned down for work because their contract does not get approved by the employment office.

You may want to consider getting a flat share or flat in Gib.  Depends how much money you have.  Do you have a skill?  Do you speak Spanish?

Of course, you can always try to get work on the black.  Plenty of people do, but that is a whole post in itself. Just bear in mind that if you go down that road you leave yourself open to a) not getting paid b) getting the rate pushed down c) not contributing tax and social.  OK when you're young, but we know people in their 50s who are going to have to work until they drop dead because they are outside the system.

Oh, and I am not recommending working on the black.  Just saying it happens and not something I would choose.

Happy to help with any questions.

Thank you for replying!

What is 'The Black'? Hahaha. I am rather confused and don't have a clue what that is.

I don't speak Spainish, I wish I could as I'm 20 that would be one hell of a skill. I live with my Dad in La Linea anyway and he works here and in London so he wouldn't move to Gib. Much much cheaper here.

I think I will get a job in time, just have to keep trying!

I don't know anything about construction though or have a trade which is the only bad thing.

Glen.