Opening a bank account - Suggestions

Hello everyone,

Quick question about opening a bank account: following your experience, which is/are the best bank/s for you?

Criteria:
- time required to open it
- service offered
- easiness
- reliability
- costs

Then we can add this tobic to the Bahrain expat guide, maybe...

Thanks for your help!

I personally recommend Standard Chartered and HSBC.

Banking choices are based on personal preference. I usually avoid the big international names and stick to good and strong local/regional names. I find the cost of operating accounts in local banks is much less than the big international names. Less crowded banking halls too. I bank with Kuwait Finance House, Bahrain.

Factors to consider include number of branches, ATMs, working hours, working days, online banking options, minimum balance rules for accounts, stability.

All ATMs in Bahrain are linked through a network. Hence ATM cards of one bank work in another bank's ATM. There is a charge for this service.

You would need the local ID card (known as the CPR card) to open a bank account here. The process is simple and straightforward. Go at a bank of your choice and the customer service desks should help you with account opening procedures.

Also one of your criteria should be the proximity of their branch to your work / home location so that if you need their services, you can easily get to their branch.

Thanks everyone for your help.

Maybe I have found a solution...  May be... :)

:D if you want to shop online " then dont go for HSBC account/Card bcoz u cannot use HSBC card for online Bahrain services like "LMRa, Electricity , Insurance , mobile phone bills , " HSBC is not connected with GCCNET online transaction system , Except credit card .

But HSBC Adliya branch timing 7:30am to 7:30pm wow :o And u can use automatic  cash deposit service on every ATM of HSBC bank / BBK banks   , really fast :P .
for local banks  :one
batter , fast , easy , ATMs everywhere . 
Or Albraka bank  << :D giving you cash (profit )on your deposit , daily, Albraka bank ATM gives you CHANGE , i love this :D

Gioxx wrote:

Thanks everyone for your help.

Maybe I have found a solution...  May be... :)