Seeking English-native speakers for an neurosciences study in TAIPEI

I would need your help to validate a protocol with participants (n=20) that are native English-speakers (mother tongue needs to be English). Ultimately, this protocole is meant to help people with disorders such as autism and schizophenia.

The present project aims to investigate how mother tongue influences brain's response to sounds using electroencephalography (EEG).
EEG is a device that measures the electric activity of the brain: it is basically recording how and when neurons communicate with each other !
It's very safe and frequently use in infants, children, adults and elderly people in everyday setting (i.e. to establish hearing treshold of newborns; or detect brain abnormalities abnormalities such as seizures).

In this project, we will install a EEG cap on your head using a small quantity and you will be seated in a special room that help keep you away from distractive sounds and other electrical wave from the environment (e.i electricity from neons).
You'll hear sounds for about 40 minutes, but will be asked to watch a silent movie of your choice during the procedure. After, you'll just need to wash your hair (or not; we have a airdryer) and it's over !

Thank you for your help !

[email protected]

Hello melissa.ymu.

Welcome to Expat.com! :)

Concerning your study, I suggest you to post an advert in the Looking for section in the Taipei classifieds. It shall help.

Thank you,
Aurélie

good idea ! Thank you :)