Nursery + schools

Hi,

soon I'll move to Malta so just a few questions:

1. is there a goverment kindergarten for baby's of 12 months? And how much do they cost?

2. and more important - my older son will turn 6y in end ofoctober - but he probably wont be on malta at that time yet - does he need to go to school or he can go next year?

What consers me is that he doesnt speak english so I'm worried that he might fell strange or even excluded in schol
And when does schol even starts?

Hello Duxx.

You may browse the different threads on the Schools & studies in Malta Forum, in order to collect some information.

Thanks and good luck

Karen :)

ok, I tried to find some info's but I cant find anywhere when does school start this year?

and also - some say that school starts with 5y and other say that when you turn 6 you go to school - so which ine is correct?

Government school starts at age 4 or 5, depending on when the child's birthday is. If your child is born anytime from January 2008- December 2008, then he would start school in September 2013- I think but I am not 100% sure.
My daughter was born November 2007 and she has just finished her first year at school (year 1) . She was age 4 starting school in September 2012, and turned 5 two months later. Her friend started at the same time, and she turned 6 in the January.
There is also 2 years of Kindergarten (Kinder 1 and Kinder 2) before Year 1, but I have no idea about ages.

I dont know anything about childcare for 12 months old.
In my opinion, your son should be in school (he is the same age as my daughter so should be starting year 2 at the end of September)- but I dont know the law.

Duxx wrote:

Hi,

What consers me is that he doesnt speak english so I'm worried that he might fell strange or even excluded in schol
And when does schol even starts?

Dear Duxx,

In this regard, please see:

https://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=277515