Close

Marriage between Saudi woman and a French man

Hello everyone. I'm a Saudi Lady living in Canada for almost 3 years now. This year I've met the love of my life, he is a French. He has proposed and I said yes, and luckily my family is okay with me being married to a non-Saudi. What I would like to ask you about is:

1) What are the documents required for him to visit Saudi Arabia?
2) How long would those documents take to be approved?
3) What are the documents required to gain a marriage permission for me and him?
4) How long does those documents take to be approved?

Thanks everyone, I'm looking forward to your help and answers :)

Its nice to see that Saudi ladies are opening their wings. Wish you good luck, nice lady...

shahidfk :

Its nice to see that Saudi ladies are opening their wings. Wish you good luck, nice lady...

Thank you, I really need it :)

Have you tried searching the threads?  All of your questions have been asked and answered (many times).

For example, using the 'GOOGLE Custom Search' box (searched 'visit visa Saudi Arabia), I came up with these threads:

http://www.expat.com/en/search.php?cx=p … 1342557j23

Best of luck!

Alliecat :

Have you tried searching the threads?  All of your questions have been asked and answered (many times).

For example, using the 'GOOGLE Custom Search' box (searched 'visit visa Saudi Arabia), I came up with these threads:

http://www.expat.com/en/search.php?cx=p … 1342557j23

Best of luck!

Thanks for the link, it really helps and I'm reading some of the threads right now :)

Jood :

Thanks for the link, it really helps and I'm reading some of the threads right now :)

Great!  The Google Custom Search Box is a very handy tool in this forum.

Good luck :)

Alliecat :
Jood :

Great!  The Google Custom Search Box is a very handy tool in this forum.

Good luck :)

Yes, it's indeed and I've found some of the information I'm looking for.

Thanks again. :)

Jood :

[

Yes, it's indeed and I've found some of the information I'm looking for.

Thanks again. :)

:one

It is your personal responsibility as the applicant to inquire personally or by phone with the appropriate MOI or local emara as to which documents will be needed for your particular circumstances. That includes distinguishing which documents are needed from the non-Saudi spouse and which are needed for the Saudi applicant. You could get your family to do this whilst you are in Canada.

All documents must be in Arabic by the relevant Saudi government office in order to be obtained from Civil Affairs. The list is as follows in no certain order:

Get copies of yours and your fiance’s birth certificate and other to establish single status. Also you will need permission of the fiance’s guardian. Obtain a clear medical document for marriage and any other medical documents required (check with Civil Affairs). You many require proof of income and have that approved by the umdah or/and emir of the province you are from. Unfortanately you will be required to have a certificate showing your partner's religion; that he is Muslim?

You both need to show an employment letter with current salary from employer or a certified letter from the Civil Affairs office. You will be required to attend an interview which maybe at embassy in Canada. Take your university registration record/transcript a copy of your rental or ownership of  house. Don't forget to take a recent coloured frontal angle (without glasses) photograph of your future husband. When you or your family phone Civil Affairs, they can tell you how long it will take to process.
Best of luck.

suzan :

It is your personal responsibility as the applicant to inquire personally or by phone with the appropriate MOI or local emara as to which documents will be needed for your particular circumstances. That includes distinguishing which documents are needed from the non-Saudi spouse and which are needed for the Saudi applicant. You could get your family to do this whilst you are in Canada.

All documents must be in Arabic by the relevant Saudi government office in order to be obtained from Civil Affairs. The list is as follows in no certain order:

Get copies of yours and your fiance’s birth certificate and other to establish single status. Also you will need permission of the fiance’s guardian. Obtain a clear medical document for marriage and any other medical documents required (check with Civil Affairs). You many require proof of income and have that approved by the umdah or/and emir of the province you are from. Unfortanately you will be required to have a certificate showing your partner's religion; that he is Muslim?

You both need to show an employment letter with current salary from employer or a certified letter from the Civil Affairs office. You will be required to attend an interview which maybe at embassy in Canada. Take your university registration record/transcript a copy of your rental or ownership of  house. Don't forget to take a recent coloured frontal angle (without glasses) photograph of your future husband. When you or your family phone Civil Affairs, they can tell you how long it will take to process.
Best of luck.

Thank you very much for your detailed answer, it's very informative and helpful. All those documents are easy to get, the tricky part is getting the certificate of his conversion to Islam, but at least now I know it's needed to get the marriage permission. Thank you again for your help. :)

shittttttttttttt how many kids do u hv now :P

husam343 :

shittttttttttttt how many kids do u hv now :P

Tais-toi

Jood :

Hello everyone. I'm a Saudi Lady living in Canada for almost 3 years now. This year I've met the love of my life, he is a French. He has proposed and I said yes, and luckily my family is okay with me being married to a non-Saudi. What I would like to ask you about is:

3) What are the documents required to gain a marriage permission for me and him?

Dear Sister, (Aslam o alykum)

First Step ''He need to come here as Umra visa'' after that you can process the following things with him in Mahkama (I am not sure what they called in Arabic or English but its' for wedding to process);

Documents need from your side:
1. Your ID card
2. Your parents permission / present while doing Nikkah
3. Witnesses (4 persons) With their ID Card's

His side:
1. His Original Passport (Showing Valid Exit Re-Entry Visa)
2. His Original ID Card
3. His Character certificate (No criminal record in his country)/Stamp from his embassy here in KSA
4. Witnesses (4 Persons) With their ID Card's or IQAMA's (can be his friends or relatives)

NOTE: His Passport / ID card / Character Certificate all copies (Need to translate in Arabic)

Any further information you can ask sister, inshallah I will try my best to help you in that.
Salam o alykum.
Rahman

Akprince :
Jood :

Dear Sister, (Aslam o alykum)

First Step ''He need to come here as Umra visa'' after that you can process the following things with him in Mahkama (I am not sure what they called in Arabic or English but its' for wedding to process);

Documents need from your side:
1. Your ID card
2. Your parents permission / present while doing Nikkah
3. Witnesses (4 persons) With their ID Card's

His side:
1. His Original Passport (Showing Valid Exit Re-Entry Visa)
2. His Original ID Card
3. His Character certificate (No criminal record in his country)/Stamp from his embassy here in KSA
4. Witnesses (4 Persons) With their ID Card's or IQAMA's (can be his friends or relatives)

NOTE: His Passport / ID card / Character Certificate all copies (Need to translate in Arabic)

Any further information you can ask sister, inshallah I will try my best to help you in that.
Salam o alykum.
Rahman

FYI this is 3 years old ... she must be married now...happily ever after

Moving to Saudi Arabia

Find tips from professionals about moving to Saudi Arabia

Travel insurance in Saudi Arabia

Enjoy a stress-free travel across Saudi Arabia

Flights to Saudi Arabia

Find the best prices for your flight tickets to Saudi Arabia