Can someone post a list of monthly utility expenses in AED please?

Can someone post a list of monthly utility expenses in AED please?
I'm looking to calculate monthly living costs for a family of 4 on a salary package. My husband is in the application process and I'm wondering if it will be enough to support our family plus save a nest egg for when we'd come back. We have 2 young boys ages 7 and 3. Housing would be provided but we were told a stipend for the boys' schooling.

How much per month for the following please?:
Groceries: _____
Transportation: _____ (are there weekly passes?)
Water: _____
Electricity: _____
Internet Connectivity: _____
Heat - is it part of electric or gas? _____

Can you just purchase Internet connectivity by itself? I loathe the TV bundles here in the States. We do not require cable TV or landline. I imagine we can get by just with our cell phones there like here? Is that correct?

What are the connectivity speeds like there? Are they fast enough for streaming video? Is it capped?

Thank you in advance for any feedback. We're hoping to make an informed decision in case an offer is made. My husband teaches science, physics. I do freelance consulting for Apple users. Our boys are the perfect ages for an adventure abroad and we're open minded! Thank you to all who contribute to this forum. Maybe someday I can return the favor!

Hi nmdavis717,

I have created a new topic with your post on the Abu Dhabi Forum for better visibility :D

That is a great question by the way. Hope that the members of Expat-Blog will come up with informations ;)

Thank you

Maximilien
Expat-blog Team

Most of rent appartments has included water and electricity in the rent price.E-life connection(internet,TV cable and land line) is around 350 aed/month.Transportation in the city is 2 aed/buss,to any direction.If u want to rent a car,is over 1500 aed/month.Grocery?Depends how u use to ate and quality,nobody would tell u how much u need,for food u cannot count,only if u keep an agenda but depends by month to month...Hope I gave a small ideea about..