Want to visit India

I am Migena Gashi from Albania.I like indian culture, and i love to wear saree.Here in my country is not any place where I can find saree.I dont know how it cost, just I love to wear a sari.Can anyone help me???I will be very happy if anyone helps me.
Thank u soo much.I am waiting.

First of all I should know whether r u in Bangalore.

If yes, you have so many sari shops.

I do not know where are u staying? IF near to Marathalli you can visit Kalamandir shop.

The prices rangest based on the material.

If u have still queries feel free to contact.

No I dont live in India, thats the problem.I live in Albania.

Then, you need to visit India. Please come once, you will love it.

--Shawn

Oh ilove to come to visit TAJ MAHAL but i dont think i can

Hey Albenia,

I would send you a saree!
Send me your address..

Cheers!

Oh your company is soo nice.I would like soo much to visit Nepal but I know that its too far from Albania.But thank u soo much. Tell me anything about yourself, are u boy or girl?

Oh will you really send me a saree filmmaker??Thank u soo much.

Hi Migena,

why dont you look for job in india, this will help you to work, your interest

you can purchase saree through online portals like - ebay.com or amazon.com and for wearing refer guide videos on youtube.com...

Hey  Migena.... How r u ? I am Ajay from Delhi ..I can help you out .... Please let me know where do u live and share your email id with me or whatsapp contact number ... So that I can share with you some good options of saree from India in best available options .

As I am from Delhi ..which is a core hub of business in India as well as capital of India

Ajay Satija

[email protected]

Hello Peter Bryan.

Please lower capslock while writing on the forum in order to facilitate the reading.

Thank you.

Karen :)

Thank u Peter and all u who writes me.

YOU CAN VISIT MY HOME MY WIFE WILL HELP YOU,, IF YOU REALLY SERIOUS OF WEARING A SAREE.

Of course I am serious in wearing saree.Thank you for your help.

It is good to see the rhythms to reach India....

I welcome

But it is True, as a tourist people love to come and see the enchanting beauty and admire.....

But living here for more days, sometimes a reluctance to adjust the culture,atmosphere,food,and a lot more

However if really a wish in heart,follow its rhythms.

i live at the south part of India , in a beautiful state kerala (Gods own country)
If any way i can help,feel free to share

regards
binu

There are few ways to wrap a sari.
I hope this will help you.
youtube.com/watch?v=dxyyplADV5o
Thats easy when you get use to it.
We wrap the Indian/Kandian style sari to ofis daily:)and that takes only a mnt or two;)

Thank you for every thing dear friends.

Congratulations.. you get a Sari directly to your door steps..lol ;)

Hi,
Nice to read your interest !
Welcome India !
This is enthralling to note your saree carze !Well, A good cotton saree starts from US Dollars 20 and then going up in various deals as high as you can afford.
[moderated: no free ads please]

HI Migena,

Good to read your interests about sari and India.
why don't you visit India to fulfill your wishes(as they are many)

Then u will be happy to wear a sari of your choice and there are many ways to wear a sari also.
I suggest you to visit India and feel its culture.
Feel free to contact me at saten0000 at hotmail.com, if I can be of any help.

take care:)

Thank u all

Lol good to see all of them here are helping an expat.

its good to see some active users...

Migena, I suppose you've got good feedback on Sarees.. Where/How to get them, youtube links on how to wear them, etc etc etc...

Is there anything else you're looking for? Seems like we have a forum very eager to help :P

Cheers,

Div

Oh yes, I am happy that all these people were able to help me.
Thank u too

@ Wilson Derry - Where Have you been ???

A visit to India wouldn't be complete without buying a sari. Kerala is the best place where you can find different types of sarees. Kanchipuram, Banarasi, paithani are some of them. Kerala's traditional dress is Saree.

Hundreds of  types of sarees are there in India.In India ppl wear diff types of sarees in different regions with their variety of culture and lifestyle.I dont know if you have any idea of them.

Moderated by Maximilien 8 years ago
Reason : no free advertising pls

Hi Migena,
Hope you understood with all above replies, this is India... the land of love and respect. Everybody feels good to help others and one slogan is very popular here that is " Atithi Devo Bhav " (Guest is God)... dont think much and just fly to India... learn to wear saree is not a big thing... you'll love this place and culture and I bet... you won't go back (easily).

+Deepak.

you can order online from few sites and learn to wear it watching say youtube videos and look for indian people if you know someone who can help. You can visit india  if you really interested about saree or other indian dresses and cultures in details..

xxxx

Moderated by Bhavna 7 years ago
Reason : Proposing services
We invite you to read the forum code of conduct

Hello Migena,

Hope your are doing great.I am not sure whether you received Indian saree or not .I would recommend few options that you can consider for getting a saree from our own country.The options are as follows,

1. Nowadays ,eCommerce sites are available in online where you can get good saree and your favorite colors.
2.If anyone of your friends or relatives are coming from India to your place ,they can buy one for you or i can arrange a saree for yours(please let me know which colors you preferred if yes)
3.Last and final options is that you can share address details i or my family can send you sari for you.

I would like to hear your choice which option is good for you.

Thanks,
Jain

Not sure what is the purpose of opening this thread again, where it is clearly shows the last reply from the person ( Migena who had opened the thread) in Aug 2013. If you all wants to discuss on how to wear a saree and other stuffs then open a new thread. Thanks