Getting married in Brazil, Permanent Visa and documents required

Kris,

Mike's advice is good. You should contact the consulate for the area where you live. You probably will not be able to enter Brazil on the work visa since you are not working there anymore. I'm sure you will have to go through the whole process of permanency based on marriage.  To answer you question being in Brazil to do it. You can do it at a consulate or the PF in Brazil. Either way you finalize it with the PF in Brazil.

Jim

From  My experience  getting a  permanent residence  visa  is   easier  doing  it  in your local  consulate.  I got  married  in  Brazil  to my Noiva  in February  and returned  ti UK as  visa   was  up.   Completed  my Viper  here.  And returning  next  week.  And will  be  going  to  the  PF within  1st  month.

What documents are required after you are married for permanent residency

Vegas 12

Request for stay based on marriage

Request for stay based on marriage, as provided in Administrative Rule MJ No. 4/2015 and related legislation (article 75, II, "a" Law No. 6815/80 and RN No. 108/2014 CNIg):
Own request, available at https://servicos.dpf.gov.br/sincreWeb/ ;

Two (02) 3x4 size pictures, recent, colorful, with white background. Click here for the guidelines on photography.

Authenticated, clear and complete copy of passport or equivalent travel document;

Certified copy of the marriage certificate;

Authenticated copy of the Brazilian identity card of the spouse;

Declaration that they are not separated de facto or de jure, signed by the couple, with recognized firms;

Declaration that he has not been prosecuted or criminally convicted in Brazil or abroad if he has not been married for more than 5 years;

Proof of payment of the respective fee.

Revenue Code: 140066 - R $ 168.13 (Request for Permanence)

Revenue Code: 140082 - R $ 106,45 (Foreign Registration)

Revenue Code: 140120 - R $ 204.77 (Foreigner's Portfolio)

* To check if there is a calendar available for service, reprint form 154 or generate the GRU for payment of fees, click  here

*  Click here to print list of documents based on marriage

Comments:

The documents issued abroad must be legalized by Brazilian consular office and translated by a sworn translator in Brazil.

The documents that must be presented by means of certified copies may alternatively be presented in simple copies accompanied by the original documents for authentication by the public servant that receives them, pursuant to  § 1  of art. 10  of Decree  6.932 of August 11, 2009.

Fee Exemption Information:

DECREE Nº 6.771, FEBRUARY 16, 2009: It provides that the citizens of the member countries of the Community of Portuguese Speaking Countries (CPLP), an international organization formed by  Angola ,  Brazil ,  Cape Verde ,  Guinea Bissau ,  Equatorial Guinea ,  Mozambique ,  Portugal ,  São Tomé and Príncipe  and  Timor-Leste,  are exempt from the payment of fees and emoluments due on the issuance and renewal of residence permits, except for the costs of issuing documents. This means that there is no need to pay the application fee for the extension of the term of temporary visas, stay or registration fee,

Jim

Declaration means
When submit sign the form ?

mm

Rasvi,

The Federal Police where I did mine had the form. We filled in the Blanks. Name etc and then signed it.

Jim

I just filled out all 4 (+1) pages on the DPF link and printed the form to a file to take to the LAN House (I can't find ink for my printer unfortunately). I was expecting a page where I could schedule my appointment, but wasn't presented with one. I can't believe that I can't schedule an appointment, that I have to just go and wait.

Jim, what form were you talking about? The one that I attest that I haven't had legal problems since arriving in Brazil or the one that swears her and I are still together? The one you got at the PF.

Mike,

These are the ones.

Declaration that they are not separated de facto or de jure, signed by the couple, with recognized firms;

Declaration that he has not been prosecuted or criminally convicted in Brazil or abroad if he has not been married for more than 5 years;

Jim

Thanks Jim.

I bought my tickets last week and am leaving june 12th.

These are the docs I'm bringing, passport (obv), birth certificate and marriage certificate apostilled, and the paper the consulate will give us to transcribe our marriage in brazil. Am I missing anything?

Driver license, if you have one. Got to AAA or somewhere similar and get them to attach an international driver license to it. That will give you at least 6 months of being able to drive legally here before you have to go to Detran and get your Brazilian Cartão Nacional de Habilitação.

Unfortunately I don't have a drivers license, but thanks! And what's that?

Mike,

An international Drivers License is no longer needed to Drive in Brazil. You only need your Foreign License and your passport. All an International license is is a translation which you will have to do here when you exchange for a Brazilian one.

Jim

Cheyenne,

DETRAN is the government organization that controls licensing among other things in Brazil. That is where you go to get a license.  Too bad you don't have one now. It much easier to exchange than to go through the testing here.

Jim

jland912 wrote:

Cheyenne,

DETRAN is the government organization that controls licensing among other things in Brazil. That is where you go to get a license.  Too bad you don't have one now. It much easier to exchange than to go through the testing here.

Jim

And cheaper. Two schools have quoted me in the area of R$1500 just for the classes. Then there's what they consider a psych eval, which seems to be just testing your knowledge of road signs. Then there's the medical eval. After that come the classes. If you have a license from another country already, it's just a matter of paying the R$80 fee and they issue you a Brazilian CNH (driver license).

Mike,

Not exactly . You still have to take the Medical eval and the psych test. But it's simple.

Jim

Detran told me it's just present my license and pay a fee plus show that you recognize the signage here.

Mike ,

It may vary from city to city but I had to do the Medical exam and Psyc and pay the fee for the license. There is a fee for the medical but it was I think R$65. I don't remember how much for the license. It was so simple anyone can pass it.

Jim

We have brazilian child. Where can we apply for RNE and civil ID ?
And can we apply for both of them at same time ?
What are the required dox ?
Does the law grant the Brazilian baby grandmother RNE too?

Many thanks for assistance

Grandmother-probably not.
RNE-The baby is a citizen and will receive an RG. I'm pretty sure you need to go to Poupa Tempo for that. Maybe the Policia Federal. The RNE is only for foreigners.
Civil ID? I'm guessing you're talking about the CPF. My wife updated hers at the Correios.

You will need the baby's birth certificate, and all documents from the parents.

This is presuming that by "We have a Brazilian baby" you mean that one of the parents is a Brazilian.

For those of you who were married in the US registered your marriage at the consulate and had to transcribe your marriage registration at the cartório (in Brazil): what documents did you need?

I have the apostilled marriage certificate which I'm guessing I need to translate and then give to the cartório. I also have my apostilled birth certificate, do I need to translate that? Lastly, I have the paper of registration from the consulate in Portuguese. Is that it?

You need to give the apostilled marriage and birth certificates to a tradutor juramentada first. They have to be "officially" translated into English before the cartorio will accept them.

Other than that, I'm not sure.

We need English - Portuguese certified translator in Santa Rosa or Santo Angelo please ...?

Highly appreciated

Ziadsor wrote:

We need English - Portuguese certified translator in Santa Rosa or Santo Angelo please ...?

Highly appreciated

Google is your friend.

http://www.celera.me/traducao-juramenta … Atpg8P8HAQhttp://www.vivalocal.com/tradutores/santa-rosa

Cheyenne

All documents you submit have to be translated into Portuguese

Jim

Any person who speaks English-Portuguese cannot translate your official documents. A professor who has the certificate of ``tradução juramentada`` can translate it.

Firstly, you have to translate your birth certificate into Portuguese and then it should be registered within cartório (not that cartório where you apply for your marriage).

Declaration that they are not separated de facto or de jure, signed by the couple, with recognized firms; where do i have to do this ? just write a letter and sign and get certified from carterio ?

Declaration that he has not been prosecuted or criminally convicted in Brazil or abroad if he has not been married for more than 5 years; this one i have to sign in police and declare am i right ?

Please guide me fill the form

where do i pay i mean revenue code where do i generate just like extend tourist visa after fill this form Own request, available at https://servicos.dpf.gov.br/sincreWeb/
have an other link to fill the fom to generate code to pay those fees?
guide me

so this is the link to pay https://servicos.dpf.gov.br/gru/gru?nac=0&rec=2
all these fees? fil this form with three code and pay at bank and get receipt am i right?

I think you can generate a boleto and pay at most large grocery stores, any bank, and any loteriteca.

So only have to fill https://servicos.dpf.gov.br/sincreWeb/ this form and then pay the gru at any bank or before pay bank any online fine need to fill for pay payment ?

Yes, I believe so. For foreigners, there should be three things that you will need to pay for, but I don't know what they're called.
GRU 140120=R$204,77
GRU 140066= R$168,13
GRU 140082= R$106,45

So do I need declarations that we are not separated living together? How do I do that it is police a federal or at carterio has to do ?

Go to the list that was posted previously and make sure you have all of the documents.

Jim

I have all I'm asking questions how do I declare not separated the do that write the letter and take to carterio and get certify ?

The Federal Polce will have you sign a declaration that they provide.

Jim

PF will provide you the actual list of fee and you may go to poupatempo to get the boleto.

The list I posted above is from the paper the PF gave my wife a week ago.