From India

Hi,

I am from India.  I got an offer in KL with 5k Ringitt. I am not a lavish spender.  I am coming alone from my home country.  Is it possible to stay in Capital City of Malaysia with 400-500 Rgt. as rental (Shared).  Visa and Air tickets will be taken care by my Employer.  Also let me know, can i able to bring my family (Wife with a 1 Year old kid)in this Salary.

As i am not a lavish spender very conservative with my spending activities how  much i can save after all the expenses 5k ringitt is not deducted with Local Tax.

Kindly advise.

there have been a lot of posts made on cost of living in kl. check out that section.

bottom line is 5k is a terrible salary for an expat. dont take it. my view. dont go anywhere below 8k.

No from me too..!!

Hi I have moved to KL with family last month. At 5k don't even think of moving here

Regards,

Is there any one to reply my query??

expatindia12 wrote:

Is there any one to reply my query??

i think u have 3 replies already buddy. what more do u need?

Hello expatindia12.

Have you read the threads on the Kuala Lumpur forum? You could find some useful infos. ;)

Thank you,
Aurélie

Hi,

Do not even think of moving with that offer, cost of living in KL is very expensive. I pay over 7k rm per month just on rental.

Stay where you are not worth coming here especially if you have a family

Good luck, TC

Dear Everyone

I am from India
I have a very basic query:

The Company that I will be joining in KL, has aked me to attest photocopies of my educational certificates from Indian embassy/ Malaysian embassy.

I had a word with an agent in India and he told me a long procedure including thet my original document would be stamped by Malaysian Embassy. He also quoted INR 1,800/- for one certificate.

I am unable to fathom this. Could you all please throw some light on this.

regards

Hi,

May i know from which part of india you belongs to.  If you are from south India and around Chennai, address is in end of the mail.

You need to get two attestations before getting it done from malaysian embassy.  First you should get attestation from Seceratariat in the state which you are belongs to by providing your original certificates along with the photocopies.  Public (officer) Department.  Attestation will be done and issued in maximum three to four days.

Then you must visit the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) Department with the same Documents along with the Originals. The later will be signed only with embarkment made by the former. It will be issued by them in the same day (EOD). 

Make sure to bring all the original Certificates along with the Id Card (Originals and Photocopy).

For first Attestation, Secretariat is in Beach Road Chennai.
for Second Attestation in [b]Ministry of External Affairs Department:
DPI Complex, 7th Floor, EVK sampath Maaligai, 
Land Mark next to YWCC, College Road, Chennai.

Once you done with the above things Malaysian Embassy will attest and issue it in same day.

Wish you all the best.

Hi

Thanks a lot for the information. I am from Mumbai. Seems going through an agent would be a better option- sadly India doesn't operate without them and the Babus....

regards

visit the malaysian consulate general office in bandra and they will give u the info.

Thanks Carlyle......will do so....

Another question actually occurred to me ....have heard that in UAE employers generally keep employees passport ( which is wrong and unethical)....havnt come across many news item on Malaysia ( except for related to maids)....though I will doubly check with my prospective employer on Monday....bt what has been your experience.......do employers ask employees to submnit thier passport?

regards

yes, there r some employers who keep employee passports. this is common in banks as there have been cases where employees have run off with huge sums of money. i am not in the banking industry, but i have not heard of this happening in kl. still, check with ur employer and get everything in writing or email from your hiring manager.

Hmmmm......Will surely get it checked....anyways....just wanted to check that if I have to travel to Singapoe or other places for offical purposes ( authenticated by the employer), then would the 182 days concept apply or some expemptions are there?

regards

Hi

My son is 3.5 months old....we have been provided a list of vaccinations for our child - every month for the next two years....my queries are:

1) Can we continue the vaccinations in KL without any problems i.e regular vaccination are available?

2) Do we have to follow a country specific vaccination programme or should refer to the Indian hospital vaccination programme while in KL?

I am sure every new parent moving to KL must have faced this problem....please advice

regards