2hours far From HCMC : Tien giang Province

Hi there !

I've spent several hours reading all your posts but didn't find any about expatriates living in tien giang province.
I will probably move to Vietnam in october for a new job as a Quality Engineer and will have to stay in Tien Giang province during the week but i would like to know if some of you heard anything about any interesting districts (for living) with activities around(sports mainly, such as fitness, boxing, mma, swimming, climbing, etc...

thanks a lot for your help !
Bruno

haha, tien giang province is just fruit,all are that u said it got it but it is not popular the same sai gon

Thanks for your very fast reply Lylylyl
So you confirm there's nothing interesting nearby ? :(
For sure i love my job, but it's also very important for me to free my mind after work ...if nothing around i'm afraid i won't accept this job :(

no problem, but if u come tien giang , it is lucky for u, because tien giang is the famous fruit, u should try to visit it, it is attractive , there are many fruit gardern for traveler, and especialy, there are many fruit in this season, hey, u are happy, i want to go there ,hic, u are happy

Dear,

I m not sure there  have hotel from 4★, dont have club for foreigner, not sure the local can speak english,and at 10pm maybe almost people at home.... Sure Tien Giang province cant compare with Sai Gon...But Tien Giang belong to mekong delta...very famous with culture, fruit,...so u can take a tour to visit there. And if you have any trouble or feel boring you can share  with us here.

You just stay there 1 week..I think will be ok.
Yuli

Thanks a lot for your help, but actuelly I'm supposed to stay all the week (during 2years) in this province ... so if nothing around with my poor vietnamese skills i think that will be difficult to find this province really attractive during the week if nothing do to there ...:(

Brubrulamachette wrote:

Thanks a lot for your help, but actuelly I'm supposed to stay all the week (during 2years) in this province ... so if nothing around with my poor vietnamese skills i think that will be difficult to find this province really attractive during the week if nothing do to there ...:(

If you like quite life...go work and back home..watching T.V...it will ok...And if not what u want...pls think careful. I dont think alot foreigner live there....But if you live there..u look like movie star...lol...kidding. Or you work there all week and weekend come HCM.

Yuli

Where in Tien Giang will you be,My Tho.

Tien Giang is a nice 'village' with good minded people, natural resources and of friendly mosquitoes!:D
Of course you can find out some entertainment such as massage parlors, Karaoke bars,etc. I think you cannot find out star level sports, but you can swim in rivers and lakes! Don't expect too much luxury if you wish to work there 2 years as I worked in Chi Linh, Hai Duong Province :D (I escaped from there after 2 months!)

if u feel bored, u can take phuong trang taxi and go to sai gon weekenk, u relax and then go back there, i cant live there so, although my hometown is vinhlong province,haiz

Hi,

Sorry I don't have information you need but agree with charmavietnam, mosquitoes there are very friendly. However, if you live in town, it's no big deal. The residents are friendly as well.

Hi Bruno, I am from My Tho, tien giang. I spend most of my time between My Tho and US. Send me a msg if you want to talk

Salut a toi

Hi Bruno,
I'm from My Tho, Tien Giang. If you need some help, let tell me. I think you will be interesting if you spend your time to visit Tien Giang (especially with local person ;)). Why not try?

Hi Bru,
Im original from Tien Giang but now living in HCMC. I think its nice to live there. there are many kind of fruits, nice culture and fresh air countryside. you will be attracted for sure. I took many expat friends to my hometown and all of them love it much, they want to come back next time. People there is friendly and good-hearted. If you live in MyTho City, there are some places for entertaining. and 1 more thing, its only 70kms from HCMC so u can easily come and enjoy weekend here same as i come back to visit my family. Just think if thats good job, u should get it.
You can message me if you want to have some more informations.

friendly moosquitoes? god... more like devil mosquitoes there!

Hi, I plan to live in Tien Giang later this year or early next year.  My Vietnamese GF is from there & I want to get out of the city.  Hopefully, I can find some kind of employment or pt work as a English teacher.  Best of luck to you.

I wouldn't take the job. Especially since you seem like an active person who is used to having a certain lifestyle. :D