What to bring

Hi :)

i'll be in DR in the end of July but still confused and wondering about what to bring with me

already read some of the posts and got some good info but none of the posts included what i will carry

i want to bring some art supplies and tools including natural stone i use to make mosaic art will they allow that?

the stone, tools, and other supplies will be in a bag.

and i want to bring some traditional middle eastern seeds like the black seed, is this allowed?

you are very helpful in this forum
thank you in advance :)

Your tools can travel in your checked luggage.  What kind of seeds are they??? For that you want to double check!

Tools and such in your checked luggage should be fine.

As to seeds as long as they are not illegal and you are not bringing a lot I would just put them in your carry on.

Bob K

thank you Planner & Bob for the help i have been worried about that

i will keep all the stone, tools, art supplies in the luggage

the seeds is normal and commonly used in decorating bakery but guess its not used in DR  [url=http://www.amazon.com/Indus-Organic-Black-Nigella-Sativa/dp/B001FVNM3A/ref=sr_1_13?ie=UTF8&qid

if i can find it there then its not necessary to carry it all the way

thanks a lot for the help

So now I am curious.  What is a guy doing bringing stone working tools and bakery decorating seeds???  LOL  Seems an unlikely combination!

We bring in different flour for baking and seeds all the time with no problem

Bob K

yes i agree Planner its a weird combination :)

i'm an artist and i cant live without my tools and stone so i'm not sure if i will find stone colors i like, beside in the beginning i cant get a wet saw to cut the stone so better to bring some with me at least to make mosaic jewelry.

now about the seeds i love to cook and i wanna bring things that i cant find, and if you will read about the black seed you will give it a try.

Thanks for the response.  A cooking baking stone cutting artist.  Got to love it!!!!

I would still put the seeds in your underwear. They never look there. We have been doing it for years even if they are common. as a whole they do not like you bringing in seeds of any kind. People get away with it and if its no big deal its no big deal. If its a hard to get seed I would hide it. I know to do the underwear thing but one time I did not and they took my blue bonnet seeds.jajajajaja

edited.. I meant the underwear in your suitcase

that's a good idea Ptopta :)

just like what Bob K suggested to have it in the carry on bag with my clothes, and now with your help i know exactly where to keep it.

its available in Amazon but still need some time be able to order, so better to bring some with me.

jajajaja it not my idea. Its how the locals do it.I only hang out with Dominicans jajajaja Good luck. been doing it since 1991.