Residency

Looking at the residency requirements, are $1000.00/month per person? Can incomes be combined? Otherwise 200k investment?

Thanks, Chris

Hi Chris;
It must be income FOR LIFE for one person.  If you were to have two lifetime pensions or annuities of $500 each per month you would be good to go.  You will have to show proof of them.  Spouses and dependents under 18 can be claimed under the primary person's name.  Have a look at the ARCR website if you have not already done so.
Cheers .... Terry

So a couple has to have $1000 each/month, not able to combine the two incomes, then split to get $1000/month? I am not 60 yet, so no CPP, but a small $400/month lifetime pension, whereas my wife has CPP, in one year OAS and 70k GIC for pension only from a previous employer, so combined in a year would be over 2k, and growing more as we get older. I will look at the website you have suggested.

Thanks,

Chris

Chris;
Only one person in the family has to have $1000 per month or greater.  He / She becomes the primary applicant and the spouse and any dependents under 18 are covered by the primary applicant.

Chris,

I suggest you inquire with an attorney. You can review the website for the Canadian Consulate in Costa Rica as well as the website of the US Consulate in Costa Rica for a list of recommended attorneys. I would avoid inquiring with ARCR as they are not a lawfirm, and what you are looking for is legal advice.